Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My turn to build/make a snorkel

Old 10-08-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking good so far.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hendu3270
Wow! Nice work Rut. Can't wait to see the next pics.
Thanks man..I have made alot more progress on the snorkel. I have the intake box done and all fabed up, I just need to sand to form and that part will be done. I am almost at the point where I can cut it in half and remove the plug, install the rivet nuts, and then put together and bondo it smooth.

I have the top molded down for the prefilter, just need to get it on order. I looks like this is gonna turn out just a hair bigger than the original but will have more air intake. I will get the pics up soon. I'm building a pair of custom speaker boxes for a good friend at the same time and workin on a TJ..lol
Old 10-11-2010, 12:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

more pics!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ericsurfffs
more pics!!!!!!!
I know, I know..I'm up to my eyeballs right now on a few other projects, gotta get those done first then I will finish this one. I should be able to get to it this week.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Looks great! Can't wait to see finished!
Old 10-13-2010, 10:46 PM
JK Freak

Ok...got the other projects done for a friend of mine..now I will be able to get back to this tomorrow. More to come!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:11 PM
JK Freak

Ok..made a little more progress on the snorkle today.

Its time to cut it open. Find you a nice center line to cut from, then cut along that line:

Now, what you don't see it the dang satan spawn staples that I put in this thing to hold the fiber during glassing (DONT DO THAT BTW). They did not let go as easy as I thought they would and I was forced to cut my plug in half..grrr:

So, at this point suck it up to being an idiot and scrap all the styro out of your form and then cut all those damn little pain causing staples out..grrr, twice..

Then you are left with a clean internal air path. Here are a few pics of the intake port:

I didn't take a pic of this today (but will tomorrow) but lay a new layer of fiber on the inside and glass in place to make it stronger.

I will work on it some more tomorrow. I hope to have the mounting hardware and back to gether tomorrow..
Old 10-17-2010, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

I got a little more done on the snorkle today but didn't take pics yet. Last night we drank way to much , wife was pretending to be a stripper , and we stayed up way to late . So this morning all the noisy power tools was making my head hurt , so I took it easy today..lol
Old 10-17-2010, 10:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

turning out real nice. MORE PICS!!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hendu3270
Come on...you can't just say that without posting up a pic of the strippin' action. LOL

From the looks of all the projects you've had going on all at once, it sounds like you needed a break regardless of any drinkin' the night before.
I couldn't find the dang camera or believe me I would have..lol. Yes, yes I did need a little break. A cherokee is comin by in a minute for help, so it's back to work..lol.

Quick Reply: My turn to build/make a snorkel