Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My turn to build a front Stinger

Old 09-28-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WV_Mud Man
I wish i had metal working skills like you my friend....very nice and clean work! You should open up a shop haha
Thanks for the compliment
Old 09-28-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I must say that I was thinking the same as many, with stock bumper with plastic?

That is one sweet looking bumper, why o why did I give my stocker away.......

Great job
Old 09-28-2010, 08:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by You Jeep
Wow, I must say that I was thinking the same as many, with stock bumper with plastic?

That is one sweet looking bumper, why o why did I give my stocker away.......

Great job
I was hoping that I would get the look I had in my head. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I think it will look really good with the trim piece attached..
Old 09-29-2010, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Very Nice!

Very very nice. I didn't doubt that you could pull this off after seeing everything else you've made.

Are you welding the tow hooks back on? You think they will be weaker after being cut off and welded back on. Eh then again your welds look way better than mine. What about mounts for d rings?

I love seeing something new come out of you about every 4-5 days but you should finish those doors and fenders. Im excited to see those and maybe get some ideas for my own!
Old 09-29-2010, 03:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eraujk
Very very nice. I didn't doubt that you could pull this off after seeing everything else you've made.

Are you welding the tow hooks back on? You think they will be weaker after being cut off and welded back on. Eh then again your welds look way better than mine. What about mounts for d rings?

I love seeing something new come out of you about every 4-5 days but you should finish those doors and fenders. Im excited to see those and maybe get some ideas for my own!
I know, I know...I will get back to the PITA fenders tomorrow..lol. I have to wait on metal and latches for the doors, but its coming.

I only welded a plate into the recess of the u-shape of the tow hooks, then they bolt back on to the bumper with factory bolts. For two hooks I am going to add a piece that integrats the hooks into the winch plate..or something like that..not sure yet on that one. Cutting the tops off the tow hooks was neccessary to get it back into the mold of the plastic. The hooks themselves were not part of the structural integrity of the assembly so cutting them off should not have weakened the u-shape. I got the white powder coat today so I am going to get the trim pieces powder coated and installed soon. I will post pics when complete..

Hey, just noticed that you are building some stuff...post some pics bro..
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

Ha. We should have a build off. People from all over build homebuilts or just post their already homebuilt bumpers in a forum, people vote, and the winner may or may not get a prize! Sounds like fun to me.

I can't afford metal as of the moment. Some asshole stole my credit number and bought $206 worth of stuff from a CVS in Connecticut and then tried again but my bank locked the account before it processed. As of the moment im out a credit card and a debit card and its a pain in the ass pulling cash because they have to verify that the account is actually locked and that im actually me... and i just dont like to carry large sums of cash.

It'll be "My Turn..." to post my build pics soon as my plastic money gets here.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eraujk
Ha. We should have a build off. People from all over build homebuilts or just post their already homebuilt bumpers in a forum, people vote, and the winner may or may not get a prize! Sounds like fun to me.

I can't afford metal as of the moment. Some asshole stole my credit number and bought $206 worth of stuff from a CVS in Connecticut and then tried again but my bank locked the account before it processed. As of the moment im out a credit card and a debit card and its a pain in the ass pulling cash because they have to verify that the account is actually locked and that im actually me... and i just dont like to carry large sums of cash.

It'll be "My Turn..." to post my build pics soon as my plastic money gets here.
Wow, there is an awful lot of talent on here, I wouldn't want to be a judge for that contest..lol. Damn dude, that sucks. Any idea how they got your card number? I hardly carry cash anymore so I can imagine what a pain in the ass that is. Probably should put a fraud alert on your credit report also, just in case.

So, whatcha gonna build?
Old 09-29-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

well good news its for sure gigantic haha
Old 09-29-2010, 09:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ae6332
well good news its for sure gigantic haha
It's actually only about 3.5 inches higher than the rugged ridge XHD modular stinger pictured here:

Rugged Ridge XHD modular Stinger
Old 09-29-2010, 09:32 PM
JK Freak

Default Some better pics

Here are a CPL more pics without the plastic on:

Quick Reply: My turn to build a front Stinger