Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My turn to build a front Stinger

Old 09-25-2010, 10:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default My turn to build a front Stinger

Welp fellas, I started yet another project....perhaps I need to finish the ones I have started already...lol.

Anyway, I was playing with the HF pipe bender and got some pretty good bends out of it, so I thought, what the heck, I will just go ahead and start making a stinger for my front bumper. I am not finished with it yet, but as you can see it will mount to the factory tow hooks underneath the stock skin, then the skin will go over the bumper like normal and the stinger will stick out through it.

I know it might sound a little confusing but once I get it finished it will make much more sense. Now, you might be asking yourself, how the heck are you going to get the stock skin over that stinger....you will just have to follow the build and see...

Now just imagine this pic with the factory skin on it..

I have to get some more metal to add the supports that come off the bumper to about mid way up the tube, so when I do that I think I am going to go ahead and build my winch plate or buy one and modifiy it so it's ready for a winch. Whatcha think?
Old 09-25-2010, 11:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my question is, you have the ability to build that stinger, why would you want to put a "plastic cover" over it... just build something metal and strong to protect the rest of the front.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by gijeep
my question is, you have the ability to build that stinger, why would you want to put a "plastic cover" over it... just build something metal and strong to protect the rest of the front.
Nah..I don't really wanna build a new front bumper (although I think most will agree that I easily could) and actually like the look of the factory bumper once it's converted into a stubby...besides, if I can get the look I want out of my stock bumper, then there is no point in building or buying a bumper..
Old 09-26-2010, 09:27 AM
JK Newbie

looks good , did you pack the pipe with wet sand to get those clean bends?
Old 09-26-2010, 06:37 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by demarko69
looks good , did you pack the pipe with wet sand to get those clean bends?
No...I made a boot that clamps over the top of the die to keep the pipe/tube from rising up...works pretty good...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well there you go again! I knew you would start something new.. I say why not try it, it will look different than anyone else for sure. Besides, if you don't like it you can always rip it off and build something tomorrow
Old 09-26-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by You Jeep
Well there you go again! I knew you would start something new.. I say why not try it, it will look different than anyone else for sure. Besides, if you don't like it you can always rip it off and build something tomorrow
My thoughts exactly Anyway, I haven't seen anyone running something like that yet, sooooooo, I might be the first, atleast around here..
Old 09-27-2010, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

I think you need to delete all your threads and title one "My Turn At Rebuilding an Entire Jeep"
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
I think you need to delete all your threads and title one "My Turn At Rebuilding an Entire Jeep"
now that's funny

Last edited by rutdigger; 09-28-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GoodysGotaCuda
You considered losing the first bends off the bumper?

You might have something there..but I want to see what it's gonna look like with the plastic skin back on. If it looks like the image I have in my head then I'm gonna like it. If not, then I will try this idea..

Quick Reply: My turn to build a front Stinger