Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Roll Bar Jack Mount

Old 01-08-2012, 01:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
Nice work. I bought the hi-lift mounts, and a couple days later my friend made is own using muffler clamps and butterfly nuts. i spent 80bucks, he spent 10bucks. I would use stronger, graded hardware, other than that awesome idea and i wouldn't worry about the jack turning into a projectile as long as it is properly secured.
Thanks man! Yea, I looked at the $80+ mounts and just couldn't go that route as of right now, I may in time buy a aftermarket mount being it would be safer and look alot better, but I agree about the use of higher graded hardware, no doubt. I plan on working on this more and perfecting it. My Father-in-Law is a machinist and saw what I created and I guess it set a fire under him cause he is now wanting to use HD machined parts and build a Jack Mount and see where it will go from there. If anything becomes of it, i"ll be sure to post it. Thanks again!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jcopel
Nice job. I like it! Also subscribed for parts. You could also add a security cable to keep it from being ripped off in no-top weather and also act as a safety tether.
Agreed, I considered that and speaking safety wise I think it would be a wise precaution.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good, I like to see what happens when someone uses their head unstead of just dishing out the doe for things. That really raises my courosity about the grade bolts on the commercial ones, are they really grade bolts and if so what grade? Must be aircraft grade for that little mount to be $80. Since it is mounted on the back of the roll cage I can't imagine what impact it would take to get it into the front of the Jeep. Sounds almost like an unsurvivable crash to start with, but who knows stranger things have happened in automobile crashes. I really like the Safety / Anti-theft tether idea, another creative thinking guy in action.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
X2 on a parts list and how much was invested? Looks great!
Without the Hex Nuts and Wing Nuts added in the price (which is only a few cents extra) total was about: $9.22. Add tax for states that apply.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:28 PM
JK Newbie

Great Job and thanks for the awesome write up!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dangerous1
Great Job and thanks for the awesome write up!
Thanks and my pleasure.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man I'm going to try this out tomorow.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IndyChavez
Thanks man I'm going to try this out tomorow.
Right on! Post up if you discover any new ideas that can improve it.

Quick Reply: My Roll Bar Jack Mount