Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My New "Whip"

Old 06-27-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love that pic too, its my wallpaper! lol!

i took it a fortnight ago over at Penshaw Monument, in Sunderland, UK. its about 3miles from my home! and the weather was def v.v.v.good that day for us, hence the photo opp! lol!

cheers for all the good responses!

yeah its the bumper fitted to all UK JK's i believe, i prefer the one with the closer fog lamps though!
Old 06-27-2008, 03:05 PM
JK Freak

It's Photo Shopped
Old 06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Newbie

The Jeep looks great! Hate to bother you with a gas mileage question as there are soo many on this forum, but I currently own a 2005 RX8 6 speed, and was curious how they compare? Mine seems to be quite the gas hog and I figured if they get about the same, I would be happy with the added room.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
What/where is it?

I believe that's the Parthenon. And yes, I alsobelieve it's chopped.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Loading a soft top JK up with t.v. monitors?...mmkay Not able to take purchase of a Chrysler 300??
Old 06-27-2008, 09:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its Def Def not photoshopped, couldnt be bothered with the hassle and y fake it when i dont have to!

As per wiki here is the detail showing it is penshaw monument, the pic top right on the page below was taken from roughly the same point in herrington park where i took my pic from, just zoomed in more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penshaw_Monument

i have other pics with me and the car in with this backdrop

my RX was getting about 9mpg and i simply couldnt afford to keep it on the road here with spiralling fuel costs!

whats wrong with a soft top and monitors?!? not like itll be unique, there are a few with these fitted in unison??

Last edited by x5tuu; 06-27-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

**** Revised Initial Post With Pics Update ****
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I believe that's the Parthenon. And yes, I alsobelieve it's chopped.
Been there, done that, would've recognized it if it where the Parthenon. It doesn't even resemble the Parthenon... especially the surroundings and the fact that the pic (at least the poster is from) was taken in the UK.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoeyHimself
Loading a soft top JK up with t.v. monitors?...mmkay Not able to take purchase of a Chrysler 300??
You have a JK? What, you couldn't afford the Grave Digger?

Originally Posted by x5tuu
Its Def Def not photoshopped, couldnt be bothered with the hassle and y fake it when i dont have to!

As per wiki here is the detail showing it is penshaw monument, the pic top right on the page below was taken from roughly the same point in herrington park where i took my pic from, just zoomed in more!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penshaw_Monument

i have other pics with me and the car in with this backdrop

my RX was getting about 9mpg and i simply couldnt afford to keep it on the road here with spiralling fuel costs!

whats wrong with a soft top and monitors?!? not like itll be unique, there are a few with these fitted in unison??
I stand corrected, then. There was just something abou the way the pic looked that made it look a little fake. Plus, I thought it was a Greek structure photoshopped onto the top of that hill. Definately doesn't look like Athens there!

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
Been there, done that, would've recognized it if it where the Parthenon. It doesn't even resemble the Parthenon... especially the surroundings and the fact that the pic (at least the poster is from) was taken in the UK.

OK, so my Greek history sucks! I wouldn't say that it doesn't even resemble the Parthenon though. Maybe a mini Parthenon look-alike. THe surroundings were one of the reasons I thought the pic was a fake. The OP says it's real though.

Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

i believe it was actually designed and built as a miniature Parthenon but it is only quite small, but diff, provides a good backdrop imo lol!

Quick Reply: My New "Whip"