Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My new Smittybuilt Clinometer

Old 08-30-2012, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

U asked how I wired the clinometer up... It was very easy... The piece above ur radio, on top of ur dash, u can see it comes off, just put a screwdriver in the side and pry it up(it comes up easily) do it on the other side too and then take it off.... Ur gonna wanna mount the clinometer to this piece of plastic too cuz its the center of the jeep... Then ur gonna need an 8mm socket there is 2 bolts up top that u can't miss that hold the molding on around ur radio, take them out and the if u look near ur shifter pull the cargo net off the dash board and there is 2 more 8mm bolts down there, after the 4 lil bolts are removed pull on the top and the bottom of ur control panel (where ur vents and access controls are, it's all one piece from top of dash to center console) a few clips hold this on and will come off easy.... Now ur ONLY pulling this off for access, DONT FULLY REMOVE.... Find the two wires coming off the LEFT SIDE cigarette lighter (the one on the passenger side stays on 24/7, drivers side one is only on when jeep is on) now I use a razor to slice into the wires not cut them and then I just connected my wires to the cigarette lighter, made sure it worked then just repeat the process in reverse.... The whole process takes about 20-25 at the most.... And o yea u need to drill holes in the top dash part that u took off.... Good luck! I will take some pics later today and post email up of where the bolts are
Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I found the best option is to hang a tampon from the rear view mirror. As the Jeep leans so does the tampon. When anyone says its leaning to far you remove it from the mirror and hand it to the mouthy vagina.

Just kidding, I couldn't resist. Looks great and can't beat the price.
Hahahah win

Quick Reply: My new Smittybuilt Clinometer