Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My new Rear Setup, PureJeep!

Old 10-18-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I finally received my rear bumper and tire carrier last week from PureJeep. I purchased the setup through Northridge and it was all drop shipped from PureJeep so it took about 5 weeks and I had no problem waiting for it.

First off the three things that kind of irritated me.
1. When I spend a grand on something I expect some instructions on how to put it together, none came with it. Also no one answered either of the two numbers on PureJeep's website. Thanks to a forum member for giving me some tips and directions.
2. Cheap ass cadmium plated bolts, I replaced the 6 main bolts with all stainless hardware. I would rather pay an extra few for some nice hardware.
3. My dual latch tailgate mounting plate. Take a look at the picture below, I could only use 4 of the main 8 stock bolts. The whole plate is off in regards to the holes. I may be contacting the vendors for a new one.
Attachment 225495

Now that's all out the way. I couldn't be happier with the setup. The bumper and carrier fits like a glove and is solid as hell! I was debating getting this setup because of the stubby rear, but it looks cool as shit and goes good with my front PSC Brawler Lite! Let me know what you guys think I snapped a couple pics on the new phone today.

Attachment 225509

Last edited by jason0341; 12-06-2011 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice i like it alot
Old 10-18-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Whoa where you at in NOLA? Just moved down here and don't know a thing about where to go get a little mud on the tires!
Old 10-18-2011, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you see out the back window?
Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks, yeah for the most part I can see out of it. The damn rear window wiper takes up more room. Blocks just as much as the other tire carriers.

Some people head out to Hammond, St Francisville and Sicily Island.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason0341
Well I finally received my rear bumper and tire carrier last week from PureJeep. I purchased the setup through Northridge and it was all drop shipped from PureJeep so it took about 5 weeks and I had no problem waiting for it.

First off the three things that kind of irritated me.
1. When I spend a grand on something I expect some instructions on how to put it together, none came with it. Also no one answered either of the two numbers on PureJeep's website. Thanks to a forum member for giving me some tips and directions.
2. Cheap ass cadmium plated bolts, I replaced the 6 main bolts with all stainless hardware. I would rather pay an extra few for some nice hardware.
3. My dual latch tailgate mounting plate. Take a look at the picture below, I could only use 4 of the main 8 stock bolts. The whole plate is off in regards to the holes. I may be contacting the vendors for a new one.
Attachment 225495

Now that's all out the way. I couldn't be happier with the setup. The bumper and carrier fits like a glove and is solid as hell! I was debating getting this setup because of the stubby rear, but it looks cool as shit and goes good with my front PSC Brawler Lite! Let me know what you guys think I snapped a couple pics on the new phone today.

Attachment 225509
Great looking bumper. Any reason you choose this over the Poison Spyder carrier? Also do you happen to have any full profile pics? Curious how much the back end is brought down due to the weight of the rear bumper.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully I will be rocking this setup sooner than later!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bluepig

Great looking bumper. Any reason you choose this over the Poison Spyder carrier? Also do you happen to have any full profile pics? Curious how much the back end is brought down due to the weight of the rear bumper.
I will snap some later for y'all. Honestly is what a price thing for me, and I want to eventually add all the extra racks to it.

Quick Reply: My new Rear Setup, PureJeep!