Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My New JK Unlimited

Old 11-26-2010, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool My New JK Unlimited

Well, I have been contemplating buying a new 4 door JK for quite some time. I have tossed the idea around since 2007 when the JKs first hit the dealerships, but lately the need for a new Jeep with more room has become quite obvious. With the addition of our new puppy, and how fast he has been growing, I had to get something with a little more room. It became an issue when trying to go wheeling / camping this past summer and not having enough room in my TJ for the dog and camping gear at the same time.

So today, in the spirit of taking black Friday to an excessive level, I went out and finally pulled the trigger on a new JK. I purchased a 2011 JK Unlimited, Call of Duty Special Ops Edition. The Jeep is fully loaded with everything excluding leather and dual tops. Before taking delivery of the vehicle I had the dealer remove the Call of Duty badging on the front fenders, and the star on the passenger's side rear quarter panel. I think it looks really sharp without the decals.

Oh, and if anyone is in the market for a new Jeep I have this advice for you. Join Trad Lightly. I spent $25 on a membership a couple weeks back, knowing I was in the market for a new Jeep. Chrysler has an affiliate program with Trad Lightly members allowing to purchase at the prefered pricing. Prefered pricing is 1% under invoice, plus any current incentives being offered. It ended up saving me right under $3000 off of the sticker, with no haggle needed. Well worth the $25 all day long!

So, before I get the 'worthless' comments:

The old TJ (In many ways it will be missed)

(As you can see in the background, there always seems to be several Jeeps in the driveway at most times.)

A few of the new JK

I will need to get a couple of better shots in the daylight sometime in the near future.

Oh, and the main reason behind all of this...

I figure by spring it will be sitting on 35s with a few mods. I just need to finalize the specifics.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks great! Keep us updated on future mods
Old 11-26-2010, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Pics aren't showing up on my iPhone, but congrats on the new baby!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks Sharp. Congrats
Old 11-26-2010, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats on the new JK. Looks awesome. Keep us posted on the mods
Old 11-26-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome black friday buy!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking ride you got there!!
Old 11-27-2010, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

Lets see some in the light... I had seen one of these the other day and thought it would look pretty good minus all of the COD decals.

Great ride!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

that is one expensive dog.

Quick Reply: My New JK Unlimited