Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My new front bumper - making lemonaid!

Old 10-08-2011, 07:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new front bumper - making lemonaid!

6 weeks after buying my 2011 Mango (less than 2500km) some idiot made a left hand turn into my front bumper and fender. I will say that the plastic crumpled nicely and there was less damage than I expected. Was still really pissed

Anyways, instead of replacing the stock bumper with another ugly stock bumper, I took the money and bought some rock armor and some sheetmetal. I don't know anything about welding or fabrication, but I've got a buddy who does! Three nights afterwork and one Saturday afternoon led me with this -
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000138.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	221035Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00000137.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	221036

I'm picking up some bolt on shackle mounts in a couple days and will eventually add either a light bar or a stinger, but I've got a few things to worry about first.

Who sells bolt on shackle mounts that line up withthe factory mounting holes?
Old 10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pure Jeep has the correct bolt patern for shackles...

Quick Reply: My new front bumper - making lemonaid!