Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

my lift is done!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great
Old 06-19-2009, 11:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
what you mean wishy washy? If you mean kinda darty, and walking around the lane, you can fix that ez... Just get adj. lower control arms, and increase your caster.
yeay more money! but thanks for that info. it wont hurt anything the way it is now wil it?

Originally Posted by edwin907
Aren't you glad you did it yourself!
Now you know how everything works and you'll be well equipped for future upgrades.
Congratulations, it looks awesome, terrific job!
yes im super glad i did it myself, i think you take more pride in stuff when you do it yourself. plus you know it was done right, or so i hope

Originally Posted by Skippman
When I saw the second pic before I read it I was like "Dang, boy needs some leveling spacers BAD!" lol

Looks great brother! I just unboxed my 2.5" TF lift myself to check that all the parts were there and to frolic in them!

Now... to start installing!
yea when i looked at it when it was half way done the first thing that came to mind was, drag strip anyone?

Originally Posted by keneds
Looks sweet.... What was the hardest part of the install, I'm trying to psych myself into doing it but I'm still in the money saving stage. I will do it myself. What are some pointers you might have? Thanks for the pix !!!

id say the hardest part of the install was the bump stop extentions in the front. the instructions dont help you there, there was someone on here who used a block of wood to force them into position i copied that and it worked for me. i didnt even try to muscle them in.

here is the link to that - this helped me a lot, thanks je002
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...light=teraflex
the back is relativley easy and fun but i wont lie the front is pretty much a royal PITA! when you get to the front put the passenger side spring in first. and defenetly dont attempt it yourself. oh and grease the swaybar links the directions conviently leave that tidbit out. other then that have fun and you will be sore afterwards, i was.

if you have anymore quetions please ask i would love to help if i can.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:33 AM
JK Jedi

Looks great, love the black wheels with the Blue.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

when you get to the front put the passenger side spring in first. and defenetly dont attempt it yourself. oh and grease the swaybar links the directions conviently leave that tidbit out.

Just curious... Why should you do the passenger side first?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:05 PM
JK Newbie

Talking

Looks Great!!... I installed the same kit on my Bright Silver 07 Sahara. Drives great with the stocker 18's. The 17X9's and 33X11.5R17 BFG M/T KM2's go on Tuesday. I concur, the fronts were a PIA, used a long bolt and flat washers with the air ratchet to drive the bump stop extension in. The reason to do the passenger side first is because more things attach to the axle on that side and those things provide just enough interference when trying to get over the extended bump stops to make life really frustrating. Nothing like getting just to were you think it will go in and not being able to go that last 1/16". No ESP issues or rubbing issues except for my bruised arms from doing everything myself.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:32 PM
JK Junkie

I think the black on blue looks great congrats, on the rear sway bar link is it suppose to be on the inside or out does that make a diff

Last edited by NTXJK; 06-20-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

just finished mine too, still waiting on wheels/tires (sidebiters backordered)

Old 06-21-2009, 10:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by NTXJK
I think the black on blue looks great congrats, on the rear sway bar link is it suppose to be on the inside or out does that make a diff
the sway bar links are supposed to be on the inside of the sway bar and the frame per the instructions exactly like this.

ALSO UPDATE UPDATE:
stupid me finally figured out the problem with the wishy washy feeling. my tires were inflated to 50 PSI i lowered them to around 30 and now perfect. it says max 50 on my tires and apperently where i bought them used that as a guide to preasure. oh well at least i know it wasnt a improper lift install that was causing thay

Last edited by joshk707; 06-21-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!!! I specially dig the blue and black combo!!!

Quick Reply: my lift is done!