Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

my latest creation, new LED backup lights for under a $100

Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck_tempe
I have the same Tuff LED lights in the front. That mounting bracket idea is great. When I replace my floods in the front with spots, I will be fashioning up a bracket for the rear also.

Currently, I have some high power LED bulbs from ebay for the back up lights. When I bought my JKU, it had limo window tint on which is really hard to see at night, so I need additional lighting before I back over someone.

Looks like those will be good for tailgaters and people who have high beams on when they are behind you.

what kind of bulbs do you have for the rear? im looking for a brighter bulb for the backup and as well as the license plate bulb as well. thanks for the help
Old 01-03-2014, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JustTryingToLive
what kind of bulbs do you have for the rear? im looking for a brighter bulb for the backup and as well as the license plate bulb as well. thanks for the help
I only replaced the rear backup lights. I got these from this guy on ebay:

2X 3157 3156 White CREE Q5 12 5050 SMD LED Backup Light Bulbs Projector Lens | eBay

One of the original lights was DOA and when I contacted the seller, he refunded me the purchase price of the items and I ordered another set from him.

I noticed on ebay that they have a more powerful version but they are also longer in length. I am not sure if the longer ones will fit into the rear housings. I did not replace the light that goes to the license plate.

I have had these since December 2012 and have had no issues or problems besides the DOA one.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

2X 3157 3156 White CREE Q5 12 5050 SMD LED Backup Light Bulbs Projector Lens | eBay

One of the original lights was DOA and when I contacted the seller, he refunded me the purchase price of the items and I ordered another set from him.

I noticed on ebay that they have a more powerful version but they are also longer in length. I am not sure if the longer ones will fit into the rear housings. I did not replace the light that goes to the license plate.

I have had these since December 2012 and have had no issues or problems besides the DOA one.
good stuff, thanks
Old 01-03-2014, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheKid25
Those look great. I recently purchased one of the 6LZ LED COMPACT LIGHT BAR from BlitzPro because they were priced so cheaply. I mounted the light on top of my 3rd brake light and ran the wiring to a switch. It makes a huge difference and I was very pleasantly surprised by the lights.
Do you have any pictures of this? I just ordered 2 of those bars
Old 01-03-2014, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was just looking at the blitzpro page. Great prices. How is the quality?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs
Old 01-03-2014, 06:48 PM
JK Newbie

Looks great! Nice work!
Old 01-03-2014, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJ*Spartan
I was just looking at the blitzpro page. Great prices. How is the quality? Sent from my Samsung Galaxy IIIs
Wondering this same thing. I've got 2 on the way so I'll post up once I get them in. I got them with their New Years prices for 20 a piece and free shipping
Old 01-04-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Love these simple and great idea's.
Old 01-05-2014, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

can you send a pic of the lights at night to see how bright they are? i am very interested in buying some
Old 01-05-2014, 10:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JustTryingToLive

can you send a pic of the lights at night to see how bright they are? i am very interested in buying some
I had some pics of the before and after somewhere on my computer but I cannot find them. These LED replacements made a huge difference. Without limo tint, I would say these will light up everything up to 20' easily.

I'll poke around some more looking for the pictures. I had some where I only installed one and it was shining against the garage door and it was like night and day compared to the old bulbs.

Quick Reply: my latest creation, new LED backup lights for under a $100