Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

my jk

Old 01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by biglynny
Nice looking rig- It looks strangely familiar(see avatar) I see you had your front tops out in one of the pics. It's cool with'em out isn't it? Are yours 17" wheels? They look a little different than mine which are 18's. Enjoy your rig - people really seem to like the color.
thanks. i stuck with the 17's. driving around with the top off yesterday was a blast!
Old 01-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike79
thanks. i stuck with the 17's. driving around with the top off yesterday was a blast!
Mike,

have you tried flexing it about to see if anything rubs?
Old 01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Let us know what type of fuel mileage you're getting with those 33's... (slightly shorter, but for all intents & purposes they're 33's)... I'm having a hard time deciding 285x75x16's or 265x75x16s.... looks great.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Mike,

have you tried flexing it about to see if anything rubs?
i havn't flexed yet, but from what i have read from other that have these tires is that they do not rub. that's is why i chose this size instead of 33s
Old 01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by OJMiles
Let us know what type of fuel mileage you're getting with those 33's... (slightly shorter, but for all intents & purposes they're 33's)... I'm having a hard time deciding 285x75x16's or 265x75x16s.... looks great.
thanks! i wouldn't think the difference in gas milage would be much if any, they are only a little larger than the stock rubi tires, and the tread is less aggressive so there isn't any road noise.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i havn't flexed yet, but from what i have read from other that have these tires is that they do not rub. that's is why i chose this size instead of 33s
Thanks!

From what i gather, they should be ok, but may possibly rub the air dam (not a problem, i got a Dremel for xmas ) If you do end up with any issues, please let us know.

I am seriously looking at tire sizes to get some price quotes to send to the Supreme Grand Admiral of Conveyance Appropriations & Expenditures at my residence. I just want to get it right the first time.

If i go outlay the cash and end up with tires contacting my suspension & such, the home will not be a happy one...
Old 01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I changed my tire size on my 02 Explorer from 235x70x16 to 255x70x16 and it changed my mileage from 18 to 15mpg.... granted, i didn't get the computer reprogrammed to adjust for the tires, but I've also read that the Jeep dealers can't reprogram our computers for larger tires other than those originally equipped on the vehicles in the first place... I'm only getting 16-17 now 'around town' , i'd hate to get 13mpg after going up in size... I'm looking forward to seeing the results...
Old 01-10-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Thanks!

From what i gather, they should be ok, but may possibly rub the air dam (not a problem, i got a Dremel for xmas ) If you do end up with any issues, please let us know.

I am seriously looking at tire sizes to get some price quotes to send to the Supreme Grand Admiral of Conveyance Appropriations & Expenditures at my residence. I just want to get it right the first time.

If i go outlay the cash and end up with tires contacting my suspension & such, the home will not be a happy one...
i understand. i don't want a lift on my jeep, yet i also don't want to be limited by rubbing because i stuck too large of tires on.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i understand. i don't want a lift on my jeep, yet i also don't want to be limited by rubbing because i stuck too large of tires on.
This is pretty much the same boat I'm in. I don't want to lift my JK, but I'm open to installing the 3/4" spacer in the front if that's what I need to get slightly bigger tires on there and keep them from rubbing at full flex. If you get a chance to give it some good flex, I'd love to know the results. I'm especially curious as to what happens if you disco the sway-bar....

Congrats on the JK-- it's a beauty! Oh yeah... and Pura Vida!
Old 01-10-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doojer
This is pretty much the same boat I'm in. I don't want to lift my JK, but I'm open to installing the 3/4" spacer in the front if that's what I need to get slightly bigger tires on there and keep them from rubbing at full flex. If you get a chance to give it some good flex, I'd love to know the results. I'm especially curious as to what happens if you disco the sway-bar....

Congrats on the JK-- it's a beauty! Oh yeah... and Pura Vida!
tuanis! i guess you have been down there?