Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Jk ...

Old 09-15-2007, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I hate to take part in such debates of no meaning made by stumpman, please stop mowing about that hood thing, it would be interesting to learn about what you can do calling yourself real "jeep" guy, I have been rebuilding jeeps since I was 18. So please beam down my cloths will you

Anyways, guys, beside the supercharger, I'm thinking to rebuild my Sahara with a 6.1L Hemi. Is there any readymade bolt-on kit for these yet? I know AEV is making them, but not really selling them as kits.. I have seen quite few JK's with SRT engines but nothing about a full kit. Any advice?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 4WDME

Bestop part not for me but very nice rig. By the way would you happen to have some interior pics and more details on mods?
Old 09-15-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Newbie

Teraflex 4", Skyjacker .75" f spacer, Skyjacker adj. upper & lower control arms, 1380 CV driveshaft f&r, PG 4.88 R&P with truetrack, Fabfours f&r bumpers, MTC 17x9 classic II rims with MTC baja claw 37x13.50R17 tires, AEM air filter, Gibson twin catback system, Mopar light guards and fule cover, Starr HID projectors, Warn 160 & 210 lights, Garmin 276C GPS with LP antenna, Tuffy security storage, Tuffy winch reg. number bracket, Warn 9.5Ti winch, Spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers, Bushwacker pocket style fenders, KC windshield light bracket, Hella tire pressor monitor with 5 sensors, Optima battery.
Old 09-15-2007, 03:47 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you ever figure out the HID issue?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Nice jeep, obviously a lot of people don't like the hood thingy, myself included. However, don't cut a hole in your hood when you get the blower. I know you are in the desert and looking for a way to reduce temps, but just make sure you get a kit with an intercooler. Your underhood temps are not going to be effected by the supercharger that significantly. Likewise, holes in the hood are not going to make that much of a difference either. This way it is still temporary incase you end up wanting to take it off. What problems are you having with the HIDs? I might be able to help.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:04 AM
JK Newbie

Hmm, interesting feedback indeed. Let see. My HID problem are because of the pulse voltage system in the JK that prevents the relays from fully locking when ingaging. I found the thread thanks to this fourm about the mod of the relay. I purchased the capsitors and the diods, however before doing this I got myself a pair of electronic relays I will try those before moding the regular ones.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Hmm, interesting feedback indeed. Let see. My HID problem are because of the pulse voltage system in the JK that prevents the relays from fully locking when ingaging. I found the thread thanks to this fourm about the mod of the relay. I purchased the capsitors and the diods, however before doing this I got myself a pair of electronic relays I will try those before moding the regular ones.
Sounds like a good start to me.
Old 09-16-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Jedi Master

badass man! Your not allowed to have the coolest 2 door. I guess I need to step up and do some more to mine.

I wasnt a fan of the the hood louver myself. But after seeing it on your jeep it looks good and its functional.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing much to say but VERY NICE!!

Thanks for sharing, keep the pics coming.

-L
Old 09-16-2007, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default hello...

Someones listening... great! Your JEEP is insane... and i love it! Some offroad pics would be nice. But its like buying a pimped out ride with all the trimmings and putting plastic spinners from Autozone on it. It cheapens it. I cant wait to see how the supercharger turns out but the AEV hood or some other custom hood would be the way to go... not some $150 piece of plastic. Us lemmings will sit and wait patiently for more pics. Burtonsville Off road will be doing my 6.1 Hemi next year. Grow some thicker skin. Can't take alittle ribbing! Its a forum... to express feelings good or bad. Don't post pictures if you can't handle the feed back. 90% of the people on this forum think that that hood thing is crap. 100% of the people on this forum think your Jeep is AWESOME!!! Chill out.

Although I hate to take part in such debates of no meaning made by stumpman, please stop mowing about that hood thing, it would be interesting to learn about what you can do calling yourself real "jeep" guy, I have been rebuilding jeeps since I was 18. So please beam down my cloths will you

Anyways, guys, beside the supercharger, I'm thinking to rebuild my Sahara with a 6.1L Hemi. Is there any readymade bolt-on kit for these yet? I know AEV is making them, but not really selling them as kits.. I have seen quite few JK's with SRT engines but nothing about a full kit. Any advice?