Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My homemade rear bumper (final product)

Old 11-20-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My homemade rear bumper (final product)

Here's my homemade rear bumper and tire carrier the jerry can is missinng in the picture Tell me guys what you think

The best of all...

Total cost = $350 USD
Old 11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Jedi

Impressive.... That did come out looking very nice How much time was involved in it and what did your final cost on that end up being? It may be the angle of the shot but the only thing I noticed was the tire carrier is not parallel to the bumper... seems to sag a little towards the non-hinged end. But looking very good nonetheless.

Wish I was talented enough or had the resources to do something like that Good job!
Old 11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

good job, i like it. how does the gate unhinge?

i'm debating a roll bar mounted carrier
Old 11-20-2009, 02:47 PM
JK Junkie

Nice build but does it open
Old 11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

I'm waiting for the clamp for the tire carrier, now I have to use a 3/4 socket in order to open the carrier but that's the easy part don't you think?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by interceptor_1972
Impressive.... That did come out looking very nice How much time was involved in it and what did your final cost on that end up being? It may be the angle of the shot but the only thing I noticed was the tire carrier is not parallel to the bumper... seems to sag a little towards the non-hinged end. But looking very good nonetheless.

Wish I was talented enough or had the resources to do something like that Good job!

Yes, the tire carrier is parallel to the bumper, the angle is a little tricky I think Thanks for the comments
Old 11-20-2009, 03:19 PM
JK Junkie

The carrier is DEFINITELY not parallel to the pivot point bushing. Whatever angle you look at it, the other end is damn close to hitting the upper portion of the bumper. Looks GREAT! GREAT work! But I think there is a lot of strain on the hinged portion that you might need to look at. Too much leverage might cause it to tear away, soone or later. Plus, why didn't you add another triangulation to the left of the tire?
Old 11-20-2009, 03:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job! looks great....
Old 11-20-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
The carrier is DEFINITELY not parallel to the pivot point bushing. Whatever angle you look at it, the other end is damn close to hitting the upper portion of the bumper. Looks GREAT! GREAT work! But I think there is a lot of strain on the hinged portion that you might need to look at. Too much leverage might cause it to tear away, soone or later. Plus, why didn't you add another triangulation to the left of the tire?
The carrier is parallel to the bumper, but it looks not parallel because nut is tight in that picture... the other triangulation is missing, if you read the first post I wrote that the jerry can is missing, so the jerry can mount is going to be there , the Title says "final product" but it is almost finish just two more parts to add (jerry can mount and clamp for the carrier) and voila ! Thanks for your comments
Old 11-20-2009, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Sweet!

Quick Reply: My homemade rear bumper (final product)