Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My HIDs

Old 04-10-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepik
how do you like the jeep compared to the 'stang?
Sooooo much better!! The Mustang was fun, and fast, and horrible on gas. The Jeep is fun, slow, horrible on gas, plus I can take the doors off, top off, fold the windshield down and then follow my buddies on their ATVs.

I'll get some shots of the lights tonight.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Lights at night

From 15' away, just HIDs

Same distance, HIDs and fogs

Same distance, just fogs

HIDs and fogs on, looking from outside driver window
Old 04-10-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I am looking for these online but the website do not shoe that they would fit the JK. There is a huge variance on price for them. What should I be paying for them?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Any HID kit for an H13 bulb will work. Mine are from stangmods.com (since I purchased them for my Mustang). There are so many kits out there its hard to choose. Stay away from the ones on Ebay though. I wouldn't pay more than $200-$250 for a set.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant211
looks awesome!!!!

do you get a "lamp out" indicators on your dash and do you get to use your hi-beams too? I've read somewhere that some kits don't let you use hi-beams (not like it matters with those bright lights) and i have also ready that a light indicator light can come on by adding the HID's.

I don't think I will be doing this mod, my wife is good friends with a state trooper and she said they are pulling people over with these aftermarket HID's.

Nope, no indicator lights come up at all. You're right, can't use the high beams either with this kit.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Regarding the hi-beams issue, it is possible to have kit that comprises of either a twin-bulb (xenon and a smaller halogen bulb for hi-beams) or a bi-xenon bulb (small motor with an activator that pushes the light back and forth depending on your choice of low/high beam) that would let you use the stock functions of your lighting setup on the JK.

I do have myself the latter (bi-xenon). My kit was off eBay (which may explain the following problem!) but I found that the possibility of having a high beam was overrated. I found myself rarely using them since the light distribution pattern with stock headlights really is all over the place and therefore, pointless to be used. Also I found another problem that may be due to the cheap-ness of the kit bought: as soon as you turn on the high beams, one light starts to flicker (the left one). It does the same thing if you don't turn on your cabin lights while driving. Also, one bulb seems to be dimmer than the other one but I may have to check the connections to the stock harness on that issue.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

are all you guys using plug and play systems that doesnt require any re-wireing or anything just plugs right in and where do you guys have the ballasts and ignitors mounted
Old 04-11-2008, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, mine is a plug and play kit. I'll snap some pics of the ballasts and stuff when I get home from work.

Quick Reply: My HIDs