Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...

Old 01-22-2009, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ben and Gerry (why do I want ice cream now?) for the responses. Glad to know that the 5.13s won't be too steep for a hemi.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
JK Newbie

I have the 6.1L and started with 4.10 and 35" tires then I went to 4.88 still 35" tire. I sometimes wish I had gone with the 5.13's.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Gears are a preference thing and how you drive the rig. Me I like the fact with higher gears of a larger pinion and the RPM's at 70MPH.

Gerry
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mr.RonGilbert
Wow!!! Thats gonna be one kick ass rig! You've got a heckofa good project manager too - his rig is unbelieveable - and a pretty nice dude too.

And just as I got through cleaning the drool puddle from your Hemi swap I clicked on your website and holy crap!!!! How cool is it to be a "go-fast" boat driver - and champion at that!!! Congrats dude!

Nice little blurb about the dash..... I am working on getting mine as sweeeet as possible!

Give Jeeperz a snack for me (rescue dogs are the best - kudos for stepping up)

G
Thanks for the kudos!!! Yes, Life is Good... And I'll give Jeeperz a treat from you. Oh and yes, driving Offshore Powerboats has been a freakin blast to say the least. And its REALLY nice to race them and not own them...

Thanks, Ben
Old 01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Yea but dam, the 513's are a blast around town! 2600 rpm's at 72mph, pain, but your geddie up n 1st and 2ed is the bomb!
What size tires are you running Camp? I'm on 37s with 5.13 and at 2600 RPM I'm running over 85mph. For me it's more than 1st and 2nd, it's anytime you want it, need it or just because.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man I gotta say.. I have never heard the "dash" poem and i gotta say it is definately an eye opener... we all get so caught up in the everyday worries and stress. Its a nice change and i feel like it gives you another way to look at your everyday life. .From the pics it seems if you are living everyday to the fullest! Congrats!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by strike2dr
Man I gotta say.. I have never heard the "dash" poem and i gotta say it is definately an eye opener... we all get so caught up in the everyday worries and stress. Its a nice change and i feel like it gives you another way to look at your everyday life. .From the pics it seems if you are living everyday to the fullest! Congrats!
Thanks! And yes, I do try to live life to its fullest everyday. Somedays it's a task and other days I find myself saying "Wow is this really happening to me"...

And now, sorry for no updates lately on the Hemi project. I've been out of town "working" and now I'm back and I get to play... This weekend we should be able to make good progress. I've received all of my parts (minus a few items) and the wife said go get it done!!! So that's what I gonna do... I'll put up more pics later.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 AM
JK Newbie

Default Best way....

So far looks great! How did you get Gerry from SL to come help you? I am considering buying the engine and tranny myself and doing but definitely would need the guidance and help for that project. Any help would be great! Thanks and good look with the final stages!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grnmonsta
So far looks great! How did you get Gerry from SL to come help you? I am considering buying the engine and tranny myself and doing but definitely would need the guidance and help for that project. Any help would be great! Thanks and good look with the final stages!
Gerry at SLC has been helping on the phone and I got all of my parts through him. Since I am using a truck engine and not a Jeep engine Gerry knew all of the details that I would need to change. He is a Mopar dealer and he REALLY knows this engine swap like the back of his hand. I also have spoken with AEV and dsy both have also helped with with my Do It Yourself project. Good luck if you do decide to tackle the project and I'll be posting more pics of mine soon.

Ben
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Default 6.1l

Ben,

I am seriously considering going with 6.1L and just order the engine/tranny. How much would a new tranny cost for that? I would be doing it on my own for the most part. I have had a few e-mail conversations with Gerry, he seems very knowledgable and responds quickly so maybe I'll do it that way instead of sending the whole Jeep out. How hard has it been so far?
I look forward to seeing more pics and any tips along the way you can give me the better. Keep in touch and talk soon.
Adam

Quick Reply: My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...