Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...

Old 01-19-2009, 07:41 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great Ben Glad to see someone else going down the DIY trail. The satisfaction you will feel driving your new powered rig that you built will be awesome
Old 01-19-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ben,
how are you getting around this:

"This kit is intended to be used with 2005-2008 Grand Cherokee or Commander USED powertrains only. For installations with all new parts, see the Bill of Materials that is included with the kit. NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH DODGE RAM ENGINES."

I was under the impression that the Ram engine was to tall?
Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Looks good man, Wish i had an area that big to even attempt this project. O and I wish I had the engine too haha. Keep posting I wanna see this completed
Old 01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
JK Newbie

shop rug is nice
Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

congrats man....you'll be blown away by the performance of your HEMI
Old 01-19-2009, 11:38 PM
JK Newbie

Welcome to the world of HEMI JK,

I would highly recommend the re-gearing to be added in your project plan..

Good Luck
Old 01-20-2009, 03:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Geezz nice "workspace" I mean warehouse!
Even has a carpet!

Everyone heere must be green w/ envy on just that,
then you go and throw in a HEMI swap.
DOH!

Lotsa luck with this and keep the pics coming
Old 01-20-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok, since the Oriental rug has seemed to get almost as much attention as the Jeep, I thought that I would explain it. The rug came from our house and it was there that my much loved best friend Romeo our Yellow Lab laid for much of his life (if he wasn’t on the couch). And it was there that he laid down for the last time in his life. So when my wife decided to throw the rug out, of course I said no way and so that is how the rug ended up in my Shop, where hopefully it will always remain… So that is the rest of the story.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright, I guess there is no turning back now... Motor mounts have "been removed"...

Old 01-20-2009, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PeeJ_Zip
Ben,
how are you getting around this:

"This kit is intended to be used with 2005-2008 Grand Cherokee or Commander USED powertrains only. For installations with all new parts, see the Bill of Materials that is included with the kit. NOT INTENDED FOR USE WITH DODGE RAM ENGINES."

I was under the impression that the Ram engine was to tall?

I will try and explain this the best I can; The Ram engine and the Jeep engine are basically the same except for the position of the front, PS, Alt., AC and water pump. The AEV comes with PS line, AC lines and a new raditor and hoses that all work with the Jeep engine but not the Ram. All I have had to do (and have done) is get a different radiator from SLC, and I will have new AC and PS lines made up. I already have the trans cooler lines done. The motor mounts, trans mounts are the same. Also, I had HotWire make me up a special wiring harness for the 5.7 Ram engine. It really isn't that much to change it's just that AEV wanted to make up one kit without providing so many options for other engines. The Jeep engine obviously was there first choice. Also, the Ram engine is not as tall as the LX or Jeep engine because it does not have the Tunnel Ram intake on it so height is not an issue at all.

Hope that helps.

Ben

Quick Reply: My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...