Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...

Old 05-10-2009, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
looks great.. now we need a video to here it
X2 ON THE VID
Old 05-10-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice work! Love the big blue project too!
Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
Ok, since the Oriental rug has seemed to get almost as much attention as the Jeep, I thought that I would explain it. The rug came from our house and it was there that my much loved best friend Romeo our Yellow Lab laid for much of his life (if he wasn’t on the couch). And it was there that he laid down for the last time in his life. So when my wife decided to throw the rug out, of course I said no way and so that is how the rug ended up in my Shop, where hopefully it will always remain… So that is the rest of the story.
i hope that is not a real hand woven rug, if so it worth major money, when i was stationed in Bahrain we could pick up real hand woven persian rugs for 3 to 5 grand and sell them in the states for twice as much.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

The HEMI is a 5.7LX (truck converted) version. It is fuel injected and is spec'd at 360 HP.

It runs F-ing awesome!!! It really makes so a huge difference with these Jeeps and not in a crazy HP way, just smooth constant power.

Ben
Old 05-17-2009, 11:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by oside5ka
i hope that is not a real hand woven rug, if so it worth major money, when i was stationed in Bahrain we could pick up real hand woven persian rugs for 3 to 5 grand and sell them in the states for twice as much.
And no, not at all... It was below a thousand, it's a cheap one.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

What was involved in using the truck motor? Did you have to use a different intake? The reason I ask is that I can buy A 2006 model 4x4 truck with 11,000 miles for $1,700.00 dollars and considering the swap. From what i read so far everyone says use the motor from the cars, and after looking at the truck i noticed a few things different like the intake being different and basically all of the front of the motor. Any advise would help me figure out if the truck is worth buying.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubicon
What was involved in using the truck motor? Did you have to use a different intake? The reason I ask is that I can buy A 2006 model 4x4 truck with 11,000 miles for $1,700.00 dollars and considering the swap. From what i read so far everyone says use the motor from the cars, and after looking at the truck i noticed a few things different like the intake being different and basically all of the front of the motor. Any advise would help me figure out if the truck is worth buying.
The truck motor can be used with little modification if you use Screamin Lizards motor mounts as theirs lowers the motor and pushes it back further. I converted mine to the LX version and I used the AEV motor mounts. If you were to buy the truck version and you choose to convert it to an LX, you're looking at approx. $2000 ish (maybe less) for all new Mopar parts. Then of course you need a Hemi swap kit then. SLC's, AEV or others. PM me you cell number if you want more info. I'd be glad to help.

Ben
Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks Alot! PM sent with number.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Well done, Jeep looks great.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ben Hedrick
...Every time I walk up to the Jeep and press the unlock button on the keyless entry and then step in a fire it up, I am simply amazed… This thing really starts and everything really works on it. I am telling you, if you didn’t know that the engine in it didn’t come with the Jeep, you would never know otherwise. It works just like it was factory installed, which is still baffling to me, since I installed it.
Every time I drive it, I’ve got a smile on my face that Clorox wouldn’t take off... People, all I can say is; you have GOT to get a HEMI in your Jeep… Trust me when I say this…

Again, special thanks to: Gerry and his gang at Screamin Lizard Customs, AEV, dsy (Doug the true Pioneer in the DIY HEMI JK), Chris at Hotwire Auto, Lance at PSC & all that said, Holy Crap! You're putting a HEMI in your JEEP!!!

Ben
Haha, love this mate. This is what it's all about. Must be so much satisfaction as well because you've done it all yourself. Not many of the blokes on this forum could say the same... Congrats!

Quick Reply: My HEMI swap into my '07 Sahara...