Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My first Projeck-JK Gallery!!!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kramer
i have the same top and trust me that isn't the way it's supposed to come down.......try going 140 and you'll see how your top will turn into a parachute.....(ill try and find a pic with mine down)
I followed the instructions, and this is the right way. By the way, I never had problem with the wind. Even at 140 km/h, the soft top doesn't move at all

By the way, I don't understand your location Bucharest / Montreal

Last edited by Yoda; 04-13-2009 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Nice keep up the good work.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Freak

besttop makes the soft top for the Jeep from the factory-same as their std. aftermarket oem top.--the top just needs to be folded a little different to allow it to settle more, behind the roll bars-then velcro strap the bows to the pre determined slots in the top rail of the tub-I hope i'm not talking out of school, but-I wouldnt go over 15 miles an hour w the top like that-sorry!----BACK ON TOPIC-your Jeep looks quite badass!!-keep up your build-looks great and I will keep tabs on this thread for sure!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks good
Old 04-13-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
besttop makes the soft top for the Jeep from the factory-same as their std. aftermarket oem top.--the top just needs to be folded a little different to allow it to settle more, behind the roll bars-then velcro strap the bows to the pre determined slots in the top rail of the tub-I hope i'm not talking out of school, but-I wouldnt go over 15 miles an hour w the top like that-sorry!----BACK ON TOPIC-your Jeep looks quite badass!!-keep up your build-looks great and I will keep tabs on this thread for sure!

http://bestop.com/installation_guides/54717.pdf

LOOK THE PICTURE AT #33

NO PROBLEM DRIVING AT 140 K/H |||
Old 04-13-2009, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
HA HA HA

No the soft top is NORMAL. It's because I have the BESTOP soft top (AND NOT MOPAR)

This is the way it has to be when the soft top is down

if so that doesn't look that great
Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by robin
if so that doesn't look that great
Thanks. I respect your opinion. But one thing is interesting: It's different. All the Jeeps here are different. And I like that
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Freak

You are right-the instructions absolutely say to do what you're doing--I just wouldnt do that, in spite of the directions. sorry, many years ago I personally experienced the "parachute" effect of not folding the top right-very scary at speed-just lookin out for a brother!
Old 04-13-2009, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PIPES2008
You are right-the instructions absolutely say to do what you're doing--I just wouldnt do that, in spite of the directions. sorry, many years ago I personally experienced the "parachute" effect of not folding the top right-very scary at speed-just lookin out for a brother!
Because of the Bestop hardware, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE to get the soft top down like the MOPAR. But trust me, the parachute issue is not possible with this Bestop version. Hard to explain by writing, you have to see it and drive it to really understand how safe it is
Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 AM
JK Freak

SORRY FOR THE HIJACK!!--BACK ON TOPIC-YOUR JEEP IS SWEET!-KEEP US ALL POSTED ON YOUR BUILD!

Quick Reply: My first Projeck-JK Gallery!!!