Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My first mod! Cool roof. VERY COOL!!!!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must admit, I like this self-mod. I think you should do black wheels now to really pull off the contrast between black & white. Your JK will look even tighter after a simple mod like wheels; IMO. But great job. I really like it.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 6DoF
OR! ... don't live in the middle of a desert!!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by eisenjj
Why not...school buses do it all the time!
well played, well played
Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

It was done by George with Trick Jeep Stuff. Here is a link http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum...read.php?t=165

The difference in temprature is absolutely incredible.

For pics of the TJ click the link and do some searching around for "Number 7" that is the Jeep with the coating on it.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Newbie

104 degrees here in Phoenix today, and I have to say that I am even more impressed with this product! I wish I could measure the actual temprature, but my thermo is in my work truck! The inside of the top stays comfortable to the touch, and actually gets cold in a couple minutes with the A/C running! My Jeep sits in direct sun light all day. This is so flippin sweet!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RN M OVR
I must admit, I like this self-mod. I think you should do black wheels now to really pull off the contrast between black & white. Your JK will look even tighter after a simple mod like wheels; IMO. But great job. I really like it.
Not many wheels look better than our OEM Rubicon wheels. Plus, he'd really regret it in a few years when the black wheels are no longer cool. Its a fad and will pass...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Not many wheels look better than our OEM Rubicon wheels. Plus, he'd really regret it in a few years when the black wheels are no longer cool. Its a fad and will pass...
I see your point, hence our own opinions. I will say that I have black wheels on my black JK and love'em and plan on keeping it that way till the JK hits the end of the road. I do see it as a fad too, which I do hope will pass. But I will continue it

OP -- do whatever you want, it's your cash; you have just heard both sides of the coin.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

I am tossed on the wheels, I LOVE the Rubi stockers, but would love some offset black wheels too. I havent gotten that far yet, I need to put a lift on it first!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was in AZ for the month of August and I can say it was way to HOT. I can see why you would look for ways to keep things cool to the touch.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Atl JK
hey that looks great

i've always had black accessories on all my off road vehicles. never could see spending extra cash for that cheap not nearly as strong chrome shit. oh i see your just talking about the wheels ummm yeah ya might have a point there.

Quick Reply: My first mod! Cool roof. VERY COOL!!!!