Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My first JEEP and first impressions....

Old 09-11-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is more "tell" than "show" about my recent Jeep purchase:

I've been looking at JK's for almost 2 years now and could never afford one until 2 weeks ago....

But let's start at the beginning- I'm your typical broke college-grad who drove their beat up Honda Civic (that was bought way back in high school) into the ground. I live in the northeast where we get hit with equal parts snow and sun. I'm an avid fisherman and outdoor enthusiast so after all is said and done, a wrangler fits the bill. I slaved and saved and ultimately sold my Harley in order to buy a 2007 Jeep Wrangler Sahara.

I did a ton of research and test drove a handful of JK's before pulling the trigger on this 2 door Sahara.

Click image for larger version

Name:	My Jeep.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	364774

I know there is an audience out there that is doing the same research I did so this is more or less for them and my thoughts after driving my first Jeep for 2 weeks.

First things first, this is easily the most fun I have ever had driving. Ever. I work close to home but still managed to put 2,000 miles on it since I got it two weeks ago! As for the road noise, it's really not that bad (got a soft top). It might help that I road motorcycles for a few years beforehand, who knows... It's kind of a constant hum more than anything. I put the top down the minute I got home and got the same stupid smile I did riding my bike, it was awesome! And my golden/duck tolling retriever loves it!

Name:	0828121430.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	364785

As far as how the JK rides? It's great! I read stories about how stiff they ride and how squirrely they handle on the highway. For a vehicle this rugged, it rides very smooth. I don't have a lead foot to begin with and you can tell it wants to hang around the 60-70 mph range on the highway so I'm OK with that. The steering is tight and it can turn on a dime. It has a very solid feel to it. I don't know what everyone else drove before their wrangler but going from a crapped out Honda Civic to a Sahara Wrangler is like stepping into a Cadillac!

I took it off road last weekend and it handled everything very well. Good times! And the first Jeep wave felt pretty darn good.

It fits my lifestyle: it can get me to where I need to go, to do what I love to do.

Needless to say, I am very proud to finally own one. I've been a member here for a little bit but didn't truly feel like one till recent. This site is a great source of information and I look forward to some future mods!

Last edited by G36FF; 03-06-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! Best advice I can give is that on a limited budget, do you research on sites like this and chose your mods carefully! As you've found, the JK can be thoroughly enjoyed without any mods.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congratulations ! heres to that "stupid grin" bein around for a looooooong time .
Old 09-11-2012, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase. I hope you enjoy it as much as me.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Welcome and congrats on new jeep. Very classy color for a Sahara. Just wait till you have money to waste on it, then you're gonna have an entirely New jeep experience...
Old 09-11-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Great color, welcome to the club!

Name:	image-835715220.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	364807

Quick Reply: My first JEEP and first impressions....