Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My first few mods.

Old 01-31-2009, 12:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first few mods.

So I ordered a few things off of Ebay last week and they showed up yesterday. I bought the Rugged Ridge gas cap and tail light guards. I also bought a mesh grille kit off of a company called Automotive Authority.

I was going to document the steps a bit, but I got too excited and just installed everything

The gas cap was a breeze to install, it probably took 3 minutes max, and it looks pretty cool...

The taillight guards took about 10 minutes to install, but would have taken less if I had just read the instructions first.

I am very impressed with the Rugged Ridge stuff, it fit perfectly.

The mesh grille was easy enough to install, but a little more time consuming, and took about 30-45 mins. They basically sent 7 individual peices of expanded metal that was painted black, and a bunch of self adhesive zap strap holders and zap straps. I probably could have found all the parts myself for a little less, but at about $60 it was nice to just have everything I needed.

Sorry about the pictures, I'm not a very good photographer.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
JK Jedi Master

Keep up the good work.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

I like the gas cap im going to order one now
Old 01-31-2009, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

pics look fine too me, keep up the great work, once you start mod'n, you cant stop
Old 01-31-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!!

LOL..You did the same thing I did.....I installed my tail light cover over dirty-ass tail lights..I really should have cleaned them first
Old 01-31-2009, 09:04 PM
JK Newbie

What all was involved in the gas cap cover?
Old 01-31-2009, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kcnal
What all was involved in the gas cap cover?
The gas cap has four prongs on the inside that fit against the exsisting plastic on the opening for the gas tank. 4 screws, about an inch long and you are done. I found that by putting the screws on a slight inward angle I could suck the gas cap in nice and tight. There is no indication as to where the thing should sit, so I just eyeballed it... I have a pretty sloped driveway, but I think it turned out pretty straight.

Haha yeah as soon as I installed the tail light covers I though, damn those are dirty. On a positive note I spent about an hour and a half cleaning my jeep in and out after all the mods today. I even shampood all the carpets. I love a clean vehicle but I'm usually so damn lazy.

I also installed the amp and sub that I had from my last truck. It is semi permanent right now. I have my back seat out becuase I usually carry more stuff than people, so I have it bolted where the seat would be, but still have lots of space in the back. I'll get a pic of that tommorow.

Last edited by smuhhh; 01-31-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:58 AM
JK Jedi

Nice job, looks great!
Old 02-01-2009, 03:08 AM
JK Super Freak

CLEAN VEHICLE??????? Just kidding, I let it rain on mine two weeks ago. Really though, Great mods. Keep them up. You won't be able to stop. It's very very very addictive.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't those small mods make the Jeep look cooler? I was lucky and got those stock with the Black Appearence package from Jeep.

Now you need the front and side brush guards to match the tails...

Quick Reply: My first few mods.