Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Fender Chop

Old 02-10-2009, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look as good as any after market ..... How long did it take you?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Calypso
They look as good as any after market ..... How long did it take you?

Thanks, um I really REALLY took my time taking everything out and sanding it down, total cut time maybe 10-15 mins both sides but total prep time and sanding about 3 hours. It took me a while to figure out what lines to cut (I had three different patterns) and it also took me awhile to figure out where I wanted to cut the underside support. It's really not hard and if you have a dremel tool you can do this in your driveway (which is what I did) just take your time.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

somebody needs to make a how-to video from start to fin on the fender cut.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EXTREMEG
somebody needs to make a how-to video from start to fin on the fender cut.
When/If i do my fiance's or anybody else's for that matter I will do an extensive write up. I searched nearly all the threads on fender cuts before I tackled this and all were good up to the point nobody really told you how to effectively take apart the fenders before you start hacking. Once I figured out the passanger side the driver side was a breeze. I actually left everything together on the driver side up until the point that I had made the last cut on the actual fender then I started unbolting and cutting off plastic rivets then everything just pulled out as one.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 AM
JK Freak

looks good. I have been wanting to do this. I guess i just need to quit being lazy and do it.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by lc619fr
Thanks Ian, make sure you check out the first page again I updated the pictures.
You bet Zach! Give credit where credit is due. The rig looks awesome. We've got to get out to GWNF again soon.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

looks good!!!
Old 02-12-2009, 04:29 AM
JK Newbie

When/If i do my fiance's or anybody else's for that matter I will do an extensive write up.....
First...awesome job! I just ordered my OME 3" lift from David @ Northridge, and I'm getting ready to order my tires. I was going to go 35's, and have been thinking about ordering 37's to keep up with the Jone's in my jeep club. Beer and pizza's on me if your interested in lending a hand. I've dremmeled a lot of plastic parts in the past but thought it might be easier with an extra hand and your experience.

...just wondering how sharp the edges are....or if you were able to round them down fairly well?

We could set my 1/2 doors on that good look'n rig of yours too...just to see how they look!

Last edited by Guinnessdawg; 02-12-2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks everybody for the compliments Dawg I sent you a PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

When/If i do my fiance's or anybody else's for that matter I will do an extensive write up. I searched nearly all the threads on fender cuts before I tackled this and all were good up to the point nobody really told you how to effectively take apart the fenders before you start hacking. Once I figured out the passanger side the driver side was a breeze. I actually left everything together on the driver side up until the point that I had made the last cut on the actual fender then I started unbolting and cutting off plastic rivets then everything just pulled out as one.
get somebody to video you doing a side and post it on youtube...

Quick Reply: My Fender Chop