Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My DIY Lockable Trunk Cargo Cover

Old 06-20-2013, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdsJunk
I think thats the sheet I got. I pulled it off in one sheet. Remember to cut your wood about 1/4" smaller than youll want it so that when the turf is wrapped around it, it wont be to big.
Yup got that figured in already. I figured between 1/8" and 1/4" spacing shod be fine. I think I ended up going with 1/8" but if I need more THATS ok because I haven't cut the back portion off yet so if I need more room I have it.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome idea. I bought the Tuffy security deck enclosure a year ago or so. This idea is a little less protection but $350 cheaper and much lighter. Great job on it too with the window shelf.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok maybe you guys can help me out here. I am wanting to make the 2 pieces connect and support each other since I am planning on installing a hinge near the back seat that would allow the whole piece to be lifted like a hatch back. My only problem is how to attach the 2 pieces of plywood but have them still be able to be removed fairly easily. I also want to add cross braces that would allow me to stand on the decking. I can accomplish either one of these issues by them selves but not both together. I can't figure it out. Maybe it's just been a long day and I can't think anymore lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

I did something similar to my trunk to protect from my two 12s getting stolen. Worked so far, but I could use some cross bracing for sure.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:35 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by EdsJunk
Yes you can, but for security reasons I moved the mechanism to lower the seats to inside the locked compartment
How did you do this?
Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crimsoncole
How did you do this?
Just unzip the cloth on the seat and they should pop out
Old 09-16-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Newbie

Great looking project. I will add it to my list. Keep up the ideas.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Awesome job

I am trying to copy you! My one delimma is how to support the small piece w the larger one... Also have to cut out for the soft top rear window bracket

Quick Reply: My DIY Lockable Trunk Cargo Cover