Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My DIY Lockable Trunk Cargo Cover

Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Hydroturf, great idea, can you acess it by folding the rear seat down?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can, but for security reasons I moved the mechanism to lower the seats to inside the locked compartment
Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by EdsJunk
Yes you can, but for security reasons I moved the mechanism to lower the seats to inside the locked compartment
How'd you do that. I was thinking about that on mine. I figured that'd be a quick way for someone to get in so I wanted to hide, move, or remove them all together. I'd rather move them though so I can maintain use of the folding option if needed.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redman333
How'd you do that. I was thinking about that on mine. I figured that'd be a quick way for someone to get in so I wanted to hide, move, or remove them all together. I'd rather move them though so I can maintain use of the folding option if needed.
Just lay you seat down and unzip the back of the seat cover and you should see the bracket. I can't remember exactly if you unbolt it or unclip it. But it's rather easy,
Old 06-13-2013, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Just lay you seat down and unzip the back of the seat cover and you should see the bracket. I can't remember exactly if you unbolt it or unclip it. But it's rather easy,
Cool thanks ill have to do that. I'm picking up the material to do my deck cover tomorrow after work.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great! Post pics!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Got the front piece trimmed perfectly. Got the majority of the back piece cut but have to do some trimming yet around the back tailgate and for the soft top bar clips. Almost there though. I haven't decided yet how I'm going to finish it all though. I want to make it stronger though. I'd like to be able to stand on it If I want to.

Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. What are you going to cover it with?
Old 06-20-2013, 06:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Looks good. What are you going to cover it with?
Same thing you covered yours in. By the way how big were your sheets of the hydro turf? I'm seeing sheets of 40x60".
Old 06-20-2013, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Redman333
Same thing you covered yours in. By the way how big were your sheets of the hydro turf? I'm seeing sheets of 40x60".
I think thats the sheet I got. I pulled it off in one sheet. Remember to cut your wood about 1/4" smaller than youll want it so that when the turf is wrapped around it, it wont be to big.

Quick Reply: My DIY Lockable Trunk Cargo Cover