Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Diesel Jk Part II....

Old 01-18-2010, 12:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30K for the conversion or the whole Jeep with the conversion? If that's true looks like it'll be a little longer wait for me. What did they have to do to the Jeep to convert it, I would think not a whole lot, just engine, wire harness, computer, dash lights maybe for glow plug warm up?

Looks awesome man, that would be the exact setup I want one day.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by absoluttorque
30K for the conversion or the whole Jeep with the conversion? If that's true looks like it'll be a little longer wait for me. What did they have to do to the Jeep to convert it, I would think not a whole lot, just engine, wire harness, computer, dash lights maybe for glow plug warm up?

Looks awesome man, that would be the exact setup I want one day.
The dealership that I talked to about doing this (who has the guy who helped design some of the AEV kit) said that it is the engine swap, and the whole fuel system needs to be replaced, the instrument cluster needs to be replaced, engine, motor mounts, body control module, and I am sure there is more that I am just leaviing out.

Last edited by Littlejon; 01-18-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Gotta love a diesel
Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kelboski
Thanks for the compliments fellows! I was a little worried about going to the 37s, but I'm SO glad I did.

Next moves:

J8 60 Rear end

Upgrade my front axle shafts to chromoly.

A long arm in the future. I've got Teraflex adjustable Trac Bars, FT 4" Springs, brackets, etc... And it rides great, just had a long arm on my LJ, and want another. Long Arms are SO incredible... but expensive.

I bought it from a fellow who works for Jeep, and ordered the VM Motori 2.8 428 DOHC motor from Germany. He shipped it here, and they retrofitted the package in at his Jeep/Mopar dealership. The tranny is the same, execpt for the bellhousing. It is the 6 spd manual.

I'm Loving this thing....

Kelbo
wow you have got to be the envy of the whole us jeeping world. I have to ask this....typically a stock rubi run's anywhere from 31-35k.....how much more than a standard rubi was it? or if you don't wanna answer that, what was the cost to get the diesel?

Quick Reply: My Diesel Jk Part II....