Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

my custom made CB antenna bracket

Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my custom made CB antenna bracket

I wanted to mount my CB antenna on my back door hinge on my JK, but none made a bracket to do that. so I made some plans up and gave them to one of my frends and he made this up for me.

I got it all installed last night. I drove up to the LIE and was able to talk to some trucker, but I dont know how far a way they where. man there are some rell hillbilly out there!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

it is a 3 foot fire stick, it is about 2 or 3" under, but I am going to add a quick disconect and a spring so it will be 2 or 3" above. I did not want it to go too high so it dos not get hung up on trees and things when off roading
Old 02-19-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

going to buy one
Old 02-19-2009, 09:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey that is a good idea. the only thing I would suggest is to flip it over and you will gain a few inches and your gussets will support better with the plate on top. I may do this as well
Old 02-19-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is what a friend of mine made me. It can be used with or without the factory spare tire carrier:

Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by landshark
hey that is a good idea. the only thing I would suggest is to flip it over and you will gain a few inches and your gussets will support better with the plate on top. I may do this as well
this is how I order it, but my frend make it upsidedown. I cant just flip it because it is not in the center of the plate and it would hit the spare. I am going to put a spring and a q-d stud so it is going to add about 6" to it.

Quick Reply: my custom made CB antenna bracket