Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My CB (UHF) Install!!

Old 08-01-2007, 10:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CB (UHF) Install!!

In Aus we use UHF's rather than CB's, but they do the same thing.

Mine is a remote head so all I have all the mechanicals and speaker in behind the steering wheel dash and opted for a windscreen mounted antennae. (Long range one shown - I also have a shorter one for around town)

Old 08-01-2007, 10:49 PM
JK Newbie

Default What is that switch?!?! Looks Cool

Hey JKJase,
Don't think we have that second switch from the right. Does it make the lights go up and down or just dim them? Please tell more!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AuburnIceman
Hey JKJase,
Don't think we have that second switch from the right. Does it make the lights go up and down or just dim them? Please tell more!
Headlight Levelling System:

0 = Driver Only, or driver and Front Passenger
1 = All Seating Positions Occupied
2 = All Seating Positions occupied plus an evenly distributed load in luggage compartment
3 = Driver, plus evenly distrubuted load in luggage compartment

It doesn't dim them - we still have high beam and parkers as normal.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 PM
JK Freak

Yeah, neat button! What exactly is the purpose? Does it change the angle of the beams with varying occupancy?
Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeepnoob
Yeah, neat button! What exactly is the purpose? Does it change the angle of the beams with varying occupancy?
Yep - just changes the level of the headlights so they are always pointing straight - not up in the air if you have a load in the back etc.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJase
Yep - just changes the level of the headlights so they are always pointing straight - not up in the air if you have a load in the back etc.
You people in Australia get all the cool features on your Jeeps All we get over here is a warning light for the passanger air bag
Old 08-02-2007, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
You people in Australia get all the cool features on your Jeeps All we get over here is a warning light for the passanger air bag
Don't be too upset - you get the BFG Muddies with your Rubicon and we only get Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armours! :sad:

Plus you get all the aftermarket goodies over there - I am trying to source an AEV Front Bumper and got quoted US$875 for shipping alone!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice radio, I mounted my Icom duel band (2m/70cm) under the driver seat and put the head unit on the dash. Call-sign is KI4RQV

I use a license plate mount for my comet antenna

Last edited by rfrogman; 08-02-2007 at 01:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rfrogman
Nice radio, I mounted my Icom duel band (2m/70cm) under the driver seat and put the head unit on the dash. Call-sign is KI4RQV
Where did you get the cool bracket for the IC-208 front panel? (or is it an ID-800)? I plan on installing an IC-208 in my Jeep when it arrives.

I have an ID-800 in my Tundra and had to machine my own panel to mount the front panel in the dash below my after market stereo. Actual radio is under the driver's seat. (It has the exact same form factor as the IC-208.)

-Glen, KC0VXL
Old 08-02-2007, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bikerglen
Where did you get the cool bracket for the IC-208 front panel? (or is it an ID-800)? I plan on installing an IC-208 in my Jeep when it arrives.

I have an ID-800 in my Tundra and had to machine my own panel to mount the front panel in the dash below my after market stereo. Actual radio is under the driver's seat. (It has the exact same form factor as the IC-208.)

-Glen, KC0VXL

It is an IC-208H and the mount is called the Bug Mount - I bought from Pro-fit-intl.com it uses 3m adhesive, great little mount. I highly recommend it. My friend N1CKI uses it for his IC-2720H also.

Quick Reply: My CB (UHF) Install!!