Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Camper Trailer!!

Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JKJase. Thanks for posting. 15 min up, 20 down? Unbelievable. Does the canvas/nylon store in the trailer bed or does it collapse into the flooring? Does it come with a canvas/nylon cover for the top to keep direct heat off the tent?

I have to say that is freaking nice, beautiful suspension.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

whoa, that thing is freakin amazing.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CIJeep
JKJase. Thanks for posting. 15 min up, 20 down? Unbelievable. Does the canvas/nylon store in the trailer bed or does it collapse into the flooring? Does it come with a canvas/nylon cover for the top to keep direct heat off the tent?

I have to say that is freaking nice, beautiful suspension.
It is all canvas except the floor which is a pvc material.

The best way for me to describe to pack it up, everything (except the poles) folds back and up onto the two beds, then you fold it in half from there. So to unfold it you fold it out, then just pull the front awning roof (Has grab handle attachments) and the whole thing just folds out. You can put it up with just two pegs and two poles for overnight stops and that can be done in under 9 mins. The extra time is for the internal poles and awning walls etc.

Does it come with a canvas/nylon cover for the top to keep direct heat off the tent?

Is that when opened or closed? Open - there is just the canvas roof but there are plenty of big windows so doesn't get too hot. Closed - the second bed base folds over to make a hard top roof and all the canvas is inside, then the solar sits on top to absorb the sun.

If I knew how to use YouTube I would video it!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davebloomer
1 word for you..... LIFT and TIRES lol
Done that since this photo was taken:

Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice trailer. I'm jealous
Old 04-01-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to the trailer first to have a look. Saw the second picture with the solar panels and immediately went back to the top. Just as I suspected. Your location is Australia.

I've been into campers for years. My first camper was a tent camper. I have always been impressed by the campers used in Australia for their efficiency and imagination.

When I bought my JK I traded in an 05 Dodge QC 4x4 2500. This was my tow vehicle for my 31 ft travel trailer. I just bought a used 2001 Chevy 2wd 2500 for no other purpose than towing my trailer and the occasional trip to the hardware store. My setup is not nearly as efficient as yours. But, it is my hotel at the lake. On a bad day setup time is about 15 minutes
Old 04-01-2008, 06:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKJase
Does it come with a canvas/nylon cover for the top to keep direct heat off the tent?

Is that when opened or closed? Open - there is just the canvas roof but there are plenty of big windows so doesn't get too hot. Closed - the second bed base folds over to make a hard top roof and all the canvas is inside, then the solar sits on top to absorb the sun.

If I knew how to use YouTube I would video it!
I meant when it was opened. Here in the desert it can get quite hot and everything in a tent, or anything else for that matter, gets very hot and can take hours to cool down when the nights stay warm.

So if you have a tarp of some sort that sits about 4 inches above the roof then the roof is shaded and if there is a breeze it will sweep out the air between the roofs. There is a term for this kind of a covering but I can't seem to remember it. :( The old Rovers used to have a double roof for the same purpose. ) It would help the inside cool down faster in the evenings.

I've seen some photo's from down under in the outback in photo newsgroups on the Usenet. Some really beautiful country and hills. Heck, even some of the cities and walkways were outstanding. Please post as you go, camp sites included.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CIJeep
...So if you have a tarp of some sort that sits about 4 inches above the roof then the roof is shaded and if there is a breeze it will sweep out the air between the roofs. There is a term for this kind of a covering but I can't seem to remember it.
I know what you mean now - we call it a tropical roof - and no this one doesn't have one - mainly because the roof is so high and there are 8 windows.

Last edited by JKohn; 03-23-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

that is awesome. How much weight will the upper levels support and hows it hold up in strong winds?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

That is ridiculiously Cool! I WANT ONE! Wish I had the Money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$:(

Quick Reply: My Camper Trailer!!