Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My build - Started!!!

Old 08-02-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tub is ready to go to the paint shop.......

Got an impact driver saturday night............would have saved literally hours of work if I had gotten it at the beginning of this build....

Left to do:
- Remove everything from all four doors
- remove hardware from tail gate
- window from frame (guy will be here monday morning)
- window frame hardware

Things that i have to replace:
- One torx bolt for the passenger side seat belt, I stripped it out
- plastic cover for the antenna
- prolly going to replace a ton of the plastic clips throughout the entire Jeep

Then everything can get over to the paint shop.....Hopefully this will be completed tomorrow.

I will post pics up of the tub tomorrow as well, as I finished at the last bit of light and my phone sucks at pics in fading light...the wife has camera while deployed.....
Old 08-02-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

RubiConvict's OD Jeep was actually one that I ran across right after I purchased my paint......It was motivational to see the effort and the attention to detail that was put into it

Somewhere on jk-forum is also the thread where he spray painted it with the OD. Great thread and I knew immediately upon seeing that Jeep, that I had chosen a winner.

---Thanks for the info on the RE 4.5 LA. I was planning on the Tom woods 1350's cause of the possible Hemi......and if the Hemi never comes to fruition, I will have spend an extra 400 bucks for the piece of mind of 1350's!!!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

One thing I would consider is to get the Benchmark Evap Skid instead of relocating it, as it would not void your warranty, but still protect the evap canister.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

READY FOR PAINT!!!

Old 08-03-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hee! Hee! Your Jeep is naked.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

this is going to be super. i was thinking of doing this... but will wait for the original paint to be bad before i do that. rescue green is nice
Old 08-04-2009, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well......it's now the 4th of Aug. 7 days into the project.

Jeep and all parts to be painted are at the shop.

I worked today on the door hinges, tailgate hinges and the window hinge. Got all those Duplicolor bedlined. They look really great compared to the half painted hinges that I pulled off.

Prolly be early next week before I get the Jeep back...

The big step today is that I am no longer tearing it down anymore

All work from this point forward is going to be putting it back together........I think I am going to wait a week or so after its together to start the lift.....still undecided on the 6.1
Old 08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing new going on, but a change in paint was required.

I had the paint shop spray one of the windshield mounts (luckily!!!), color came out a baby sh** yellow/mustard color!!.....I was like WTF!!! so i drove up to TCP global and they remixed it for me.....decided to have them reshoot the same piece, pretty much the same result...I am seriously dissapointed in both the quality of personnel working at TCP as well as their products!!! There paint chips show one thing, and the paint is something completely different!!!

Low and behold, I ended up getting 2 gallons of MILSPRAY 383. This should work out much better than that other crap..........

Ordered the RE 4.5 LA w/ monotubes this morning. Supposed to be here in a week or so.........not too worried about it, cause I am going to be taking a brek before I start the lift anyhow.....

Waiting on ecsvin.com to get back to me on the new stickers for the VIN, Tire info, emissions, color info, and a mercury warning sticker.....all total from this place will prolly be $200 bucks...

Barring any further complications, the total paint job will be running me about $1800. (including the MILSPRAY 383 and all the new stickers)
Old 08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update

Some things have changed since the last post:

Behind my initial schedule cause of the paint issue

Here is the plan for the coming week:

- Friday: the tub is supposed to be back from paint, will post pics
- Friday: start on lift (have to work this weekend, so giving myself extra time here)

- Monday: lift/driveshafts completed(hopefully!)....relocate evap....install OBA....also everything but the doors are supposed to be back from paint, so get front fenders, hood, windshield and grill installed....also have to install plastic fender flares and chop them

- Tuesday: decide on 35's or 37's(Toyo open country MT's - wheels are Raceline RT233 beadlocks 17x9.5)***Stockers will be for sale....separated and without TPMS....1500 miles, all 5, spare still has whiskers***

- Wednesday: Line-X

- Saturday: OR FAB rear tire/can carrier

- Sunday: EVO C gussets and front/rear skids....JKS front/rear track bar braces

I will keep this thread updated along the way......

Regear to 5.38's will be in the near future. Might wait until i get back from VA in November though......who needs MPG?
Old 08-14-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Not to hijack the thread, but I too have a r/e 4.5" la kit (installed a year ago) and haven't had any problems. Wondering if you read any of the posts on this board and what led you to select that particular lift.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: My build - Started!!!