Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Build - Prodigy Performance Turbo

Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Build - Prodigy Performance Turbo

After months of countless hours reading and researching, I decided to purchase and install the Prodigy Performance Turbo Kit. The Jeep is an '09 2 dr 6spd X with a 2.5" lift kit, 33's and 3.21's. I had all the exhaust pipes ceramic coated, and the air intake pipe powder coated. The turbo has a blanket installed to help with the heat. I've put on about 100 miles on the system, and so far I am very impressed with the performance. I have not been stepping on it, as I am trying to break it in. I've also upgraded to Mobil 1 oil and filter. Last month I replaced the differential covers and upgraded to Mobil 1 there as well. At the current time, I am using Torque App on my droid, and I must say that it is pretty accurate. I'll probably use this app for a while, since I've yet to decide as to what gauge or gauges I am going to install. Autometer has a gauge pod that goes over the radio and allows for 3 gauges to be mounted. I also like the Aeroflow gauge, which I would have to install on either the Rugged Ridge A Pillar switch mount, or the sPOD. Time will tell, as this is not a priority right now.

Since you guys like pictures, here are some from the install:

As I mentioned above, I am very impressed with the system, Prodigy Performance, and their customer service. Wes is very easy to speak with, and patient. He has answered every question that I've had, and assured me that the system would perform as advertised. If you are thinking of doing a forced induction system, you owe it to yourself to check out this system. I hope that you guys enjoyed the pictures.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 PM
JK Freak

Very cool how long did it take you to install?
Old 02-21-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does the low end feel?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-21-2013, 07:39 PM
JK Newbie

The install was done over a span of 3 weeks, working a few hrs here and there in between work and family responsibilities. Overall I would say 20 hrs. We ran into a few issues, not Prodigy's related, which delayed the install. Add to that the fact that both my friend and I are what some call OCD, and well, you get the picture. If we were to do it again, we can probably get it done in 10 hrs or less.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Newbie

Low end power delivery feels smoother over stock. The engine no longer feels like it's going to explode between iddle and 3k rpms on 1st and 2nd. I am sure that if I had taller gears, it would feel even better, but I am ok with my gears for now.
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

That looks awesome. Someday I'll win the lottery and be cool too.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

NIce Bro.....Now get out and enjoy that ride!

Trending Topics

Old 03-13-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oil feed and drain lines for turbo

I'm looking hard at this system too, so thank you for sharing!

I've got a question that's been bugging me and I should prolly just call them, but if you don't mind please tell us how you plumed the oil feed and oil return lines to and from the turbo & thanks!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:36 AM
JK Newbie

Captaincalf,

You will need to drop and drill into the oil pan so that you can install the fitting for the oil return hose. The feeder line will be connected into the engine block on the drivers side. There is a screw there that will need to be removed to connect this line. The other end of the feeder line will be screwed on the turbo as shown on the picture above. Pretty simple.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Juan
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jlb0125
Captaincalf,

You will need to drop and drill into the oil pan so that you can install the fitting for the oil return hose. The feeder line will be connected into the engine block on the drivers side. There is a screw there that will need to be removed to connect this line. The other end of the feeder line will be screwed on the turbo as shown on the picture above. Pretty simple.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Juan
Thanks! I figured there was a pressurized oil outlet somewhere that would be simply a matter of removing the plug and attaching the turbo feed line otherwise it would be too difficult for folks to DIY and the return dumping into the oil pan makes sense too.

What do you think of the tuning step and can you still use your cruise control?

Quick Reply: My Build - Prodigy Performance Turbo