Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Boy's First Off-Road Trip!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Boy's First Off-Road Trip!

Old 06-12-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Jedi

How'd he like it...???
Old 06-12-2011, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Slept like a baby!
Old 06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome. I hope you share many more road trips with him. I just went on my last road trip with my son. Maybe not the last one but it will be a wile till we get a chance to go on another one. He leaves for boot camp soon. Enjoy your son. Time flys man.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Serg5000
Enjoy your son. Time flys man.
So fast it's hard to comprehend at times. My boy will be 21 next month and I remember changing his diapers like it was yesterday....
Old 06-13-2011, 12:16 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg5000
That's awesome. I hope you share many more road trips with him. I just went on my last road trip with my son. Maybe not the last one but it will be a wile till we get a chance to go on another one. He leaves for boot camp soon. Enjoy your son. Time flys man.
Amen to that. My wife died in 1998, so I raised my last son. We've done many a road trip together over the years, especially in pursuit of our shared passion to visit all of the U.S. national parks. Each summer we took a two to four week trip around the country.

You know how most parents say that their kids never talk to them? Never been a problem between my son and me. Even today, as a college senior, he still calls me every couple days and we talk for an hour or so.

I sure miss those trips--now he's so busy with college and we get so little time. I'm headed to Atlanta next month because he's out there working on a research project for the National Science Foundation. We'll visit some of my other kids who live in Georgia, and will backpack in Congaree National Park, SC one weekend. But, I sure miss that time spent on the extended road trips.

Great pic, OP, precious times for sure.

Quick Reply: My Boy's First Off-Road Trip!