Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My 3.8 is coming out, what are good options...

Old 03-31-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, the is a company in Edmonton called Bear Trax that does the Hemi conversion using the AEV kits iirc. They do have a facebook page and many adds on the Edmonton Jeep Community forum. May be a little steep, but would be cheaper than travelling to the Southern US to have it done. I have a line on several 4BTs for reasonable prices if you wanted to go that route as well. I am leaning to the diesel or LS swap when/if the time comes.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by samsquanch
Bob, the is a company in Edmonton called Bear Trax that does the Hemi conversion using the AEV kits iirc. They do have a facebook page and many adds on the Edmonton Jeep Community forum. May be a little steep, but would be cheaper than travelling to the Southern US to have it done. I have a line on several 4BTs for reasonable prices if you wanted to go that route as well. I am leaning to the diesel or LS swap when/if the time comes.
Bear has never done a hemi swap.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
Bear has never done a hemi swap.
My apologies, I thought for sure I read somewhere on the EJC forum that they had been done there.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

We just signed Bear-Trax as a new dealer - they just placed an order for a kit... They sound very knowledgeable and hope its a beginning of a fruitful relationship.

RIPPTECH
Old 04-03-2011, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

My apologies, I thought for sure I read somewhere on the EJC forum that they had been done there.
All good man, last time I talked to him he quoted a guy but that's all.

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS

We just signed Bear-Trax as a new dealer - they just placed an order for a kit... They sound very knowledgeable and hope its a beginning of a fruitful relationship.

RIPPTECH
If I remember correctly Northridge Canada is getting done to correct?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ludski

but also like doubling the gas mileage with a diesel. and WAY more tunable than a gasoline engine.
Haha smoke Rollin out from under the jeep would be awesome
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D0ppleganger

Haha smoke Rollin out from under the jeep would be awesome
Black smoke!
Old 04-03-2011, 11:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see an LS1 kit also.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been considering the 5.7L VVT HEMI swap too. There is a boneyard here in Shreveport where I am almost sure I could find the engine. My question is WHAT TRANSMISSION and XFER CASE to use. Would it be best to just grab the engine/trans/xfer case from the donor vehicle all at the same time?

I am not new to engine swaps. This could very well be an option for me as well.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DCJEEP
All good man, last time I talked to him he quoted a guy but that's all.

If I remember correctly Northridge Canada is getting done to correct?
Yep, just checked - they have one on order as well - Canada really opened up over the last month at least 7 kits shipped in March.

RIPPTECH

Quick Reply: My 3.8 is coming out, what are good options...