Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

"Murda Mobile"

Old 08-02-2009, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
There is a back button up at the top of your screen, feel free to press it
Wow, thanks for that info. I didnt know that.....had no idea, thanks. Now go hump someone elses leg!!!......

corey d
Old 08-02-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Until Green mentioned it, I hadn't even thought of recentering the steering wheel, which now that he has mentioned it, sounds like the most likely culprit.

Really???? seriously???? You didn't see my post like 5 above his saying the same thing?

Maybe the shop is not the issue...

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
the shop is dumb. is this their first install on a jk? Did they re-center the steering wheel? Is it the ESP system making the brakes "lock"??? Any lights coming on when this happens?
Old 08-02-2009, 11:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Really???? seriously???? You didn't see my post like 5 above his saying the same thing?

Maybe the shop is not the issue...
Did you say something? lol What? Oops, somehow I missed that. Ok, as I was saying, good advice from bigblue first and foremost and his coat tail rider Green. lol
Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Jedi

Did you say something? lol What? Oops, somehow I missed that. Ok, as I was saying, good advice from bigblue first and foremost and his coat tail rider Green. lol
I was j/k. I do think that is the problem tho.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I'd completely forgotten about the whole ESP thing, because I never had any issues after my lift.

Forgetting something like that isn't the end of the world, but didn't the shop notice the problem when test driving the Jeep? You'd think "professionals" would be able to diagnose a problem like that fairly easily.

Also, I just looked this kit up, it's 100% bolt on and $999 from Rough Country. Pretty good deal. My favorite part though are the FIRST page of instructions...

IMPORTANT NOTE : Upon completing the install of this kit the draglink must be adjusted to center the steering
wheel BEFORE the vehicle is driven. Failure to do so will cause a computer error, odd handling, and poor performance.

Edit: And the entire last page of the instructions is dedicated to centering the steering wheel and exactly how to do it and how it had to be done prior to driving or "failure to do so WILL cause computer error, odd handling and poor performance." Maybe they missed that page?

With it blatantly at the start and the finish could they have actually botched this? Now I really want to know.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 08-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Super Freak

coat tailer or not I never had any issues with my ESP
Old 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
coat tailer or not I never had any issues with my ESP
You can read minds?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Freak

So what is the ETA on the pics?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

I'd say the earliest is tomorrow. I don't know if it's at the dealership or trick trucks. Hopefully he gets his problem fixed early in the day, since the weather is supposed to be nice around here. He doesn't post much, but I hope he hops back on to fill everyone in on if it was due to them not recentering the steering wheel.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

You can read minds?
LOL I didn't say ESPN

Quick Reply: "Murda Mobile"