Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

multipoint seat harness question

Old 09-16-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multipoint seat harness question

I am looking at buying a 4 point harness with the camlock style. Anyone have this setup? Any cons with it?

Also, with new seat belts how does this work with the JKs computer? Do I need to disable/update anything so that it doesnt think my seat belt is not fastened?
Old 09-16-2010, 07:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a camlock style harness in my GTI and liked it. Simpy click the buckles into place and a small twist released them. I could also run just as a lap belt or a 3 point if I chose. Much simpler than other harness buckles.

As for the seatbelt reminder, you can do one of three things:
1) simple disable the warning chime but leave the light on the dash
2) use your stock buckle or an extra inserted into the female end as a "dummy"
3) take the two wires leading to the female end and splice them together, completing the circuit.

EDIT: How are you securing the shoulder straps? Make sure they go over or secure to a hardpoint even with or above your shoulder level. If not, they can compress your spine. In my GTI, they went over a carbon fiber pad under the headrest instead of using a harness bar.

Last edited by Alec; 09-16-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are some good ideas for the seatbelt. I ask because I am getting a full cage built and all the factory pillers and seatbelts will be removed.

My other concern is the airbag system. Does anything change in terms of safety if I simply "trick" the system into thinking my seatbelt is fastened? Hopefully they will deploy normally if I get into an accident?

Quick Reply: multipoint seat harness question