Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Muffler sound comparison, Borla, Magnaflow and Flowmaster

Old 03-21-2008, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ive heard the gibson muffler is loud. it would be nice to hear a sound clip from them as well... please?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Which one did the neighbors like best?!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree that the flowmaster sounded best in the video. It is slightly deeper at idle than the magnaflow but the two are very close. Maybe it had something to do with the pipe hanging down and the angle at which it was recorded vs the magnaflow. Of course hearing a video and hearing in person, are two different things. I wonder what a delta flow super 40 flowmaster would sound like?
Old 03-22-2008, 06:55 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
hey woods -
in this pic from your website:

does the muffler hang down as low as the evap cannister did when it was still in that position?

does the muffler hang down lower than the frame rail?
Originally Posted by mcnaught6
also, is there any chance you would do the sound testing with a dynamax muffler too!!!!
The muffler is more protected, as it sits closer to the frame and lower control arm. It is just above the bottom of the frame rail.

Every time I test a muffler, I have to buy it new, then sell it as used. I just can't afford to test every one.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:56 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by chef_special
ive heard the gibson muffler is loud. it would be nice to hear a sound clip from them as well... please?
You may get lucky on this one. Today, I've got an install on a JK with the Gibson Catback system on it. Time permitting, I'll tape it.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Junkie

Wow... Now I need the Evap Can relocate kit, steering stabilizer kit, and exhaust kit..... hmmmmm how much to install it all at once......
Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by SGT. EVIL
Wow... Now I need the Evap Can relocate kit, steering stabilizer kit, and exhaust kit..... hmmmmm how much to install it all at once......
You buy the Muffler Relocation kit and Evap Can Relocation kit and I'll throw the Steering Stabilizer relocation kit in for free.

That's $365 plus some shipping for all three.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

whats the benifit of the steering stabalizer relocation?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

what magnaflow muffler is that. What the part number, I would just like to replace the stock one with it, in the same location for now. As long as its tuck up I wont have any issues with it.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just finished intalling my Magnaflow cat-back number 16666, click for pics, its quiet at start but has a great deep tone when you get it going. I can try and record a video if anyone can tell me how to upload it

thanks

Quick Reply: Muffler sound comparison, Borla, Magnaflow and Flowmaster