Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mounting my Kabar knife

Old 09-30-2008, 03:44 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think i need a rail gun up there, coupled with the guys hood sight from that other thread...
Old 09-30-2008, 03:47 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get one of these for the hood...

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/future-w...on/cannon.html
Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the knife is not ''readilly visible'' from the left door glass, rt door glass and thru the windshield, then it will in all likelyhood be considered concealed and you could spend the weekend in jail, and possibly have your rig impounded until your court date. You could be convicted of a low grade felony and believe me here in Virginia your life would be over. Be EXTREMELY careful on this one fellows, the courts WILL bust your butts on weapons charges. I have a pistol carry permit, but I wouldn't dream of adding a large fixed blade knife to the mix. Besides someone could shoot you and the second the knife came to light in your pocession they would walk....
Old 09-30-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mike_607
Guess mine will be called the M9 mod instead....

Is that a M 9 or a M 11 EOD Knife w/ Bayonet Stud??
Old 09-30-2008, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Not worried about it getting stolen? I keep my Gerber in my Tuffy console insert. Nice knife though!
Old 09-30-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
sweet, thats the same place I mounted my sawed off....just kidding, but it looks good
that would have looked awesome
Old 09-30-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

From the looks of it, you should be ok, I would still warn the officer just in case you don't want to get shot. Also, if anyone else does this, I would make sure to check your local laws first, it appears New Mexico is ok with CCW w/ knives in your vehicle w/o permit, but has restrictions on firearms.

New Mexico Knife Law:

"30-7-2. Unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon.

A. Unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon consists of carrying a concealed loaded firearm or any other type of deadly weapon anywhere, except in the following cases:

(1) in the person's residence or on real property belonging to him as owner, lessee, tenant or licensee;

(2) in a private automobile or other private means of conveyance, for lawful protection of the person's or another's person or property;

(3) by a peace officer in accordance with the policies of his law enforcement agency who is certified pursuant to the Law Enforcement Training Act [ 29-7-1 NMSA 1978];

(4) by a peace officer in accordance with the policies of his law enforcement agency who is employed on a temporary basis by that agency and who has successfully completed a course of firearms instruction prescribed by the New Mexico law enforcement academy or provided by a certified firearms instructor who is employed on a permanent basis by a law enforcement agency; or

(5) by a person in possession of a valid concealed handgun license issued to him by the department of public safety pursuant to the provisions of the Concealed Handgun Carry Act [ 29-19-1 NMSA 1978].

B. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the carrying of any unloaded firearm.

C. Whoever commits unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon is guilty of a petty misdemeanor. "

http://law.justia.com/newmexico/code...art7-c459.html
Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by USAF_GroundRat
You guys have inspired me! What a great mounting location for weapons:

Now I'm no cop or anything but, I'm thinking this could be just a bit more illegal than the Ka-Bar...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

love it!
i am going to start working on that today!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:50 AM
JK Super Freak

i still say go with trhe chain saw

Quick Reply: Mounting my Kabar knife