Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mountain Bike themed - TRAIL SEEKER JEEP - Update

Old 09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shower system

Originally Posted by PG-JKU
Hitch mounted bike repair station would be cool, with a tool tray / counter on the tailgate. OBA as you are planning. How about a hot water shower to spray off mud etc.? That would be useful.
Great idea... we've been looking to add one, but we're running out of space. UGH!! I think we should have developed the concept using a pull behind off-road trailer. Oh well...
Old 09-25-2014, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

We've taken our MTB tons of places in our JKU. Things we wished we had:
Swing-away, hitch-mounted carrier (allows for opening the tailgate) for 4 bikes. Bike racks on the top of the Jeep are a no-no anywhere on the East Coast (low trees).
Air compressor & fridge,
Seating and workspace...perhaps a fold-out work table? Can also be used for dining?
You'll need a door prop to keep the tailgate open.
LED worklights for the rear.
Secondary battery with inverter for power, perhaps?
Water reservoir to refill camelbaks, etc.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-09-2014, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't use the Wild Boar Fastback top; you lose interior storage space.
I'd recommend a Gobi roof rack with lights on all sides for campsite / bike repair lighting. It would also allow for either bike racks or a rocket box on top for storage
A trail table made by vector would be good for food prep off the tailgate.
Some sort of water pump for showers and cleaning off bikes
Old 10-09-2014, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

1UP USA has a good hitch rack that performs well off road and keeps the bikes relatively high so departure angle isn't affected that much. I personally didn't like my roof mounted bike rack on my jeep because a.) I needed to carry a step stool to get the bike on/off the roof and b.) with the bikes on the roof the jeep was like 11 feet tall. I'm loving the 1UP rack now.

This build's gonna be sweet when it's finished. I would also suggest perusing the expedition mods thread for ideas as there are a lot of parallels in overland/expedition travel to some of the ideas presented in this thread.

Quick Reply: Mountain Bike themed - TRAIL SEEKER JEEP - Update