Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mothers Back To Black

Old 03-24-2013, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well it was finally a little warmer here today in waaay upstate NY, about 40° lol. So I decided to work on a few things on my Jeep. When I finished up I washed it and then put on some back to black on my fenders/bumpers. I wasn't sure how well it'd work but for $6 I said what the hell. It looks 100x better. Hopefully it'll last a while but we'll see. Here's a before and after.

Last edited by ItsMeKO3; 03-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsMeKO3
Well it was finally a little warmer here today in waaay upstate NY, about 40° lol. So I decided to work on a few things on my Jeep. When I finished up I washed it and then put on some back to black on my fenders/bumpers. I wasn't sure how well it'd work but for $6 I said what the hell. It looks 100x better. Hopefully it'll last a while but we'll see. Here's a before and after.
So it really worked well? I've been looking for some good stuff to use on the fenders...
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol not sure why the pics show up. Should be there now.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Lol not sure why the pics show up. Should be there now.
They're there now. I actually edited my post because they had shown up just then... Lol..
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hahaha I was wondering if I was going crazy or what. Thought for sure you made a comment about it lol.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Newbie

How long did it last? I used that stuff and it only lasted maybe a day. I've been using Meguires Trim Detailer, and it keeps everything black for weeks (until I go splashing through some puddles lol).
Old 03-24-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

I live in buffalo NY so I know your pain, I used the stuff last year and it was like a dust magnet. It looked good in the driveway but after a day or so It just filthy from dust that caked up on it.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to use the safe stuff a wile back on my rig and on my prior car. It never lasted to the next wash. Now I use a product called 303 aerospace protectant. Stuff works awesome (was designed for aircraft) and holds up very well. WD-40 also is a secret that works wonders on bumpers and just about everything!
Old 03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Back to black looked great but only lasted a few days on mine. Thanks for the McGuire suggestion.

WD-40 is a wax-based product so it makes sense it would work on black.

BTW, I tried some milky wax on mine and still trying to clean up the mess where it got onto the black textured areas. The clear spray waxes are a lot nicer to work with around the JK.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Used that stuff on my TJ fenders.....then realized it would just last longer and be easier to paint with krylon black......lasted all year.....

Quick Reply: Mothers Back To Black