Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

More Line X

Old 05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Colonel Angus
Looks good but will that make it a little difficult to get lovebugs off the front.....are there lovebugs in Montana
Love bugs are a Southern thing, aren't they? (Saw some in MS two weeks back.)
Old 05-15-2008, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the difference between lineX and rhino liner and the others
Old 05-15-2008, 05:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AussieJK
wat next to line xed the tail gate and hard top lol
Good idea.

Actually I have been thinking of having the top sprayed but too expensive. Maybe after it starts to look bad in a few years.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Very interesting...I Line-X'd my Four X Doctor Differential guards...makes a world of difference
Old 05-15-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Dustoff '68
Very interesting...I Line-X'd my Four X Doctor Differential guards...makes a world of difference
Wont they get scratched up from rocks?
What do you mean made a world of difference?
Pics?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great!
Old 05-15-2008, 03:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackX3
whats the difference between lineX and rhino liner and the others
There are a few differences in the compound used. I forget what's best, but if you check out any pickup truck problems, you'll get an idea of what is the most durable.

I think some brands are prone to peeling or chipping... Some brands are "Stickier" than others... etc... etc...
Old 05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
JK Junkie

Linex is sprayed on at high temp and high pressure ( 150 degrees, and 5000 lbs of pressure). Rhino is a low temp low pressure system. Rhino is softer and rubbery like. Linex is harder and more like plastic.
LINE-X offers a written nationwide lifetime warranty. Rhino’s warranty is only with the dealer that sprayed it.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:12 AM
JK Newbie

Hey kntr,

im thinking about doing my arb bar in speedliner, but i have never had experience with any kind of liner. I have been asking around here (australia) and it seems that speedliner apparently has a better UV rating?

Im wondering how you find the liner to clean, i like to use my jeeps but i like them clean when im not bush bashing. Is it easy to clean or does the dirt stick to the shallows/pits of the liner?

Have you nay thoughts on speedliner vs line-x?

how long do you think the line-x or speedliner for that matter will keep looking good and not fade out?

THanks for your help.

Last edited by kalani; 05-16-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
Linex is sprayed on at high temp and high pressure ( 150 degrees, and 5000 lbs of pressure). Rhino is a low temp low pressure system. Rhino is softer and rubbery like. Linex is harder and more like plastic.
LINE-X offers a written nationwide lifetime warranty. Rhino’s warranty is only with the dealer that sprayed it.
I've had both Line X and Rhinoliner on differtent trucks n stuff.
There is no comparison..The rhino got chalky in the first year and only looked worse over time.
Like kntr said, it was much softer and seemed like the texture was made up of larger particles that oozed together as it hardened or dried. The line X has a much finer "grain" and seems more uniform and is a lot harder

Originally Posted by kalani
Hey kntr,

im thinking about doing my arb bar in speedliner, but i have never had experience with any kind of liner. I have been asking around here (australia) and it seems that speedliner apparently has a better UV rating?

Im wondering how you find the liner to clean, i like to use my jeeps but i like them clean when im not bush bashing. Is it easy to clean or does the dirt stick to the shallows/pits of the liner?

Have you nay thoughts on speedliner vs line-x?

how long do you think the line-x or speedliner for that matter will keep looking good and not fade out?

THanks for your help.

No experience with spped liner but from looking at their site it looks similar to Line x but has larger particles...possibly.
Most shops have sample board to look at.
As far as cleaning the stuff, I use car wash soap and a stiff brush...someone on here mentioned simple green. Its the bugs that like to stick
...but thats on every car I owned. At least with the front coated, I dont have to worry about scratching the paint.

chuck

Quick Reply: More Line X