Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

more broken rough country parts

Old 08-10-2010, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more broken rough country parts

i want to start off by saying that i am not bashing Rough Country, but i am once again extremely frustrated with another broken part. today i heard a metal grinding noise and pulled over only to find my shock dragging on the ground. so in 95 degree heat i found myself under my jeep taking off my right rear shock due to the upper bracket breaking.

this is after i have had to replace the rear coils because they were sagging and had to replace a shock with a blown seal. while under there today i noticed i had another shock with a blown seal. the lift is less than a year old and its great that they replace the parts for free, but i still have to take the time to change all of the stuff out.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by twarne01
i want to start off by saying that i am not bashing Rough Country, but i am once again extremely frustrated with another broken part. today i heard a metal grinding noise and pulled over only to find my shock dragging on the ground. so in 95 degree heat i found myself under my jeep taking off my right rear shock due to the upper bracket breaking.

this is after i have had to replace the rear coils because they were sagging and had to replace a shock with a blown seal. while under there today i noticed i had another shock with a blown seal. the lift is less than a year old and its great that they replace the parts for free, but i still have to take the time to change all of the stuff out.
That's not pretty.
I guess I need to spend some under Jeep time before hunting season or my next offroad excursion.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow ,that broke right off...where are your shocks leaking from?i need to get under my jeep and check this out...
Old 08-10-2010, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

damn sorry,that sucks...

i did scope out prices for lift...etc. but i did notice RC was always the cheaper option..guess there's a sacrifice for quality somewhere to give the consumer a better price?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 PM
JK Freak

just replace the stock pin for a bar pin eliminator

this is a lot stronger

http://www.northridge4x4.ca/proddeta...?prod=JKS-9607
Old 08-10-2010, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default shocks were leaking here

Originally Posted by JKNIGHT
wow ,that broke right off...where are your shocks leaking from?i need to get under my jeep and check this out...
this is where the shocks were/are leaking from....the seal on the bottom is blown
Old 08-10-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Budget lifts really suck. sorry for your troubles
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM
JK Jedi

That's a lot of rust on a part that's only been on the Jeep for less than a year. I'll have to get under mine and check it out; I'd hate for one of those to go out in the middle of a trail somewhere. Sorry to hear about the troubles; I've started considering switching over to TeraFlex slowly.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those shock pins break, no matter what brand shock you have. Many shock manufacturers use the same pins and they all suck. Soon I'm going to get the pin eliminators for my MX6s.

I used to work at 4WP and we'd see that all the time with budget and expensive shocks.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

I've been running a RC 4" in Erie, PA (the pothole capitol of USA) and haven't had any issues like that. My guess would be salt corroding the shocks. We get a ton of snow and the amount of salt on our roads is crazy. I would suggest washing the undercarriage well on a regular basis.

Quick Reply: more broken rough country parts