Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mopar Window Storage Bag (back 3 windows)

Old 03-30-2007, 03:32 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
[snip]

Ive never rolled one, it kinda scares me!

bet ya didnt inhale either!

:toung:
Old 03-30-2007, 06:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought 4 pieces of felt/microfiber material from a mart store for a few bucks, got a folding canvas chair (camping type) for $11 at a sporting good store and had my wife sew the material together on side and bottom, and use the canvas bag that the chair came in for the storage bag. So...for under $20 I got pretty much the same storage bag. I'll post pics if I ever get my camera back from my friend.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:01 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Enteric
I just bought 4 pieces of felt/microfiber material from a mart store for a few bucks, got a folding canvas chair (camping type) for $11 at a sporting good store and had my wife sew the material together on side and bottom, and use the canvas bag that the chair came in for the storage bag. So...for under $20 I got pretty much the same storage bag. I'll post pics if I ever get my camera back from my friend.
Thats what I was doing. I got the felt pieces but haven't seen a chair bag large enough. Do you have a store you got the chair from? Any pictures?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

It has been a while since I got the chair, but it was at Dick's. It is the kind with the arms/cupholders and footrest built in, which made the bag a little wider and a little longer than the standard ones with no arms or footrests. I'll try to get my camera back soon and get a picture. Might be a week or so though. Sorry about the no pics. :(

Edit: I am wrong, the chairs were at Target about a year ago for $11. I bought 6 of them for a camping trip.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:32 PM
JK Newbie

I made a window bag like these for my '03 TJ from polar fleece for the liner and black denim for the bag, with 4 1" straps, 2 to hold the roll and 2 to strap it to the top when it was down. When I traded in the TJ the windows still looked like new and the denim bag dried out quite well if it got wet. Now I have to make another one for the JK.
When I rolled them up the bar remained on the rear window and all the windows were rolled from the bottom to the top.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doojer
You guys are hopeless....

The rear window fits perfectly in there-- the quarters are small, as you can see in the pic:
http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...=2020&ppuser=9

I line up the bottom retainers of the quarters with the bottom retainer of the rear. Then I zip it up and roll from side to side from the side without the straps to the side with the straps (pic), then the straps roll around and pull tight. I know it's crazy-- I didn't want to do it. But it works. The "hard" plastic retainers at the bottom of the quarters just roll.

Here is a pic of the rear window in there (don't look at the way it's in there-- I just threw it in... the bottom of it should be lined up with the bottoms of the other 2 windows):

I haven't even unpacked my soft top yet so correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a rigid metal channel across the bottom of the rear window? At least there is on the TJ. If so, do you have to remove this every time to roll the windows side to side. What do you do with the channel?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would just lay it in the back. Its no going to go anywhere.

I have one question that has never been answered in other posts/threads. Will this bag work with the 2door model even though its made for the 4door? Looking at the size, I would think the side windows of the 2door would fit in the bag, but I might be wrong. Could someone measure the size of the bag so I can figure this out?
Thanks, J
Old 03-31-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rubimon
I haven't even unpacked my soft top yet so correct me if I am wrong, but isn't there a rigid metal channel across the bottom of the rear window? At least there is on the TJ. If so, do you have to remove this every time to roll the windows side to side. What do you do with the channel?

Just slide the channel off and put it back in place across the tail gate opening,, its very easy and quick

I just picked up the clover patch today, its really nice. But it could be made very easily like others have done.

I have one question that has never been answered in other posts/threads. Will this bag work with the 2door model even though its made for the 4door? Looking at the size, I would think the side windows of the 2door would fit in the bag, but I might be wrong. Could someone measure the size of the bag so I can figure this out?
Thanks, J
its going to fit, the back windows should be the same. They make a two door bag, if thats what your looking for.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

When I put my windows in the bag that I made for my TJ, I never removed the channel from the rear window at all (3 years of off and on from April to November). No problems, no scratches.

To emtjeep: the bag should fit the 2 door as the rear window is longer than either side window.

Last edited by LarryAlex1; 04-02-2007 at 03:17 PM.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought the cheap ebay bag.
I will post pics once I get it.

Quick Reply: Mopar Window Storage Bag (back 3 windows)