Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mopar Front Bumpers

Old 03-30-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar Front Bumpers

Hey Guys,

Been following this forum pretty closely for the past two/three months. I've posted a few threads asking for suggestions here and there and have really taken into consideration the thoughts/impressions of all members.

I just ordered a 2011 Sahara (Black) 2-Door three weeks ago. The dealership threw in a bunch of after-market stuff for me including:

33 x 12.5 x 18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts
18" x 9" XD775 Rockstars
PIAA mounted windshield lights
2.5" Mopar Hybrid lift kit (2.5" back, 3" front)

It's a pretty sweet package. Given the lift kit and the bigger tires, I think the stock bumpers (especially with the chrome appliques) won't look nearly as tough. However, the dealership is only willing to install Mopar bumpers (so as not to void the warranty). With this in mind, I pose the following question:

I've seen two different Mopar front bumpers (w/o winch mounts). One with OE fog lamp holes and one without. As of right now, I am leaning towards getting the one w/o fog lamp holes and applying some auxiliary fog lamps to the bumper itself. I really like the look of the auxiliary lamps, but feel that it would be too many lights on the bumper w/ the OE holes. Thoughts?

Does anyone have pictures of either bumper? It'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

I found links for the two I am considering. unfortunately, there is no image for the one w/ fog lamp holes

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12116_1021.htm

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12116_100_07.htm
Old 03-30-2011, 08:17 AM
JK Freak

I have the Mopar bumper w/winch as you can tell. I did pull of the silly plastic crush can covers and chop off the crush cans so I could install PJ D Ring brackets. The PIAA lights use a 2" PIAA bracket that attatches to the hoop over the winch. A friend of mine is runnin 39" tires and he trimmed his front bumper by a couple inches for rubbing issues. They are pretty solid bumpers.

Old 03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

great pics....i assume by crush can, you mean the actual fog lamps themselves?

I wouldn't get the one w/ winch mount. I would get the one w/o and w/o fog lamp holes and use auxiliary fog lamps on the sides of the uprising.

also, what kind of lights are those on the windshield? they look sweet. really diggin' those. Hella Black Magic? I'm going with an all-black theme and was looking into those. Impressions?

edit: my bad, just realized what you meant by the crushed can
Old 03-30-2011, 08:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by odo31
great pics....i assume by crush can, you mean the actual fog lamps themselves?

I wouldn't get the one w/ winch mount. I would get the one w/o and w/o fog lamp holes and use auxiliary fog lamps on the sides of the uprising.

also, what kind of lights are those on the windshield? they look sweet. really diggin' those. Hella Black Magic? I'm going with an all-black theme and was looking into those. Impressions?

edit: my bad, just realized what you meant by the crushed can
Yeah, the bottom two photos are before I removed the crush cans, the top photo is the newest. Your exactly right on the lights, Hella Black Magic 1000s. I think the Hellas look good but after installing the PIAAs its seemed like the Hellas werent as solid in construction. The PIAAs were heavy metal and much easier to install. The HEllas felt kind of flimsy and are a plastic housing. The Hellas light output is great, I only use them off road when I need to light up everything in front of me and they do just that. Like you, I wanted them for there OFF looks and I am pleased with them but for the money I would rather have put KC or another set of PIAAs on. Live and learn
Old 03-30-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Newbie

so, you'd recommend some PIAAs over the Hellas? good to know!!
Old 03-30-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by odo31
so, you'd recommend some PIAAs over the Hellas? good to know!!
For sure! I k ow a lot of the guys on here swear by KC as well.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is mine, with different look, i cut a little, and i add some d rings
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3169252466.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	209365   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2669256336.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	209366  
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is another pic of the mods on e mopar front bumper
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1516515866.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	211556  
Old 09-16-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Here is my Mopar front bumper. I added a pair of Rigid Industries Dually LED lights on each corner and plan to run a 20" LED bar across the front hoop. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2376.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	211558Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2338.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	211559

Quick Reply: Mopar Front Bumpers