Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MOPAR Enhanced Rock Rails INSTALLED

Old 11-01-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2drREDROCK
Nice job guys,they look tough
Thanks....Here's more pics with a full shot of the rails....

Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Newbie

Nice looking should hold up nice.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question about MOPAR rails and bigger tires

I have the same ones and I love them, they have saved my butt a couple times check out this scar.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0111.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	16936

I had a question about these rails with larger tires. Eventually I will be putting 35" on and it looks like the inside piece may rub a little on bigger tires. Does anyone have bigger tires and these rails? Have you had this issue?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Resurecting this thread.

I'm looking for exactly this but need to know if you can still trim the rear of the rail in order to clear larger tires, mainly 40 inchers? I have the factory Rubicon rails but need some way to assist the wife in getting into it and the extra bar would really help. Does anyone with these have a close up pic (looking straight at them and then from the bottom looing up) of in front of the rear tire with these installed? From there I could determine if they can be cut. Thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:18 AM
JK Newbie

i just got mine the other day. ill be installing when all this muddy snow melts, hopefully this weekend. ill be posting pics of those and my new rear bumper/tire carrier i just put on. could you elaborate a bit more on what youre going to need a pic of?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:53 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Resurecting this thread.

I'm looking for exactly this but need to know if you can still trim the rear of the rail in order to clear larger tires, mainly 40 inchers? I have the factory Rubicon rails but need some way to assist the wife in getting into it and the extra bar would really help. Does anyone with these have a close up pic (looking straight at them and then from the bottom looing up) of in front of the rear tire with these installed? From there I could determine if they can be cut. Thanks.
I'll measure mine tonight to see just how much can be cut off before you run into the tube part of the rail.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

You'll only be able to cut 1 1/4" off the enhaced in the rear before you run into the weld where the tube is. That's a straight cut. If you angled it you could get a bit more. Might wanna pm that black 4dr running 40's , he chopped his stock rubi rail. Mine doesn't rub with 35's, I'm gonna cut it though when I get 37's. To run 40's I'd think yould have to cut 2or 3inches off to be safe.In that case you might wanna go another route.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Clean and simple, they look good
Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Dude, those look pretty sweet. I was thinking about having tubing welded to mine, but this might be a little easier. Looks great.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM
JK Jedi Master

My Mopar enhanced rails, first day on and rubbed a tree, haha, my side steps woulda been gouged.
Click image for larger version

Name:	181.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	20279

Quick Reply: MOPAR Enhanced Rock Rails INSTALLED