Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Modified Rear lower control arm mounts cutoff/skids

Old 12-18-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have stock arms all around. Rides great. I used the camber adjusting cams up front. I have 2" blocks on my rear springs. So far I haven't had a spring issue. They are still in there at full shock drop. I gained almost 4" of droop. I did tie in the upper spring just in case. Figure it would suck when a shock broke.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I recall reading on another thread about the kit the ORE makes that raises the bottom of the shock about two inches. The same questions came up and Mel said he had never seen any shock bottom out on the upstroke after the modification.

This mod is so obvious, and there is so much useless metal hanging down it makes you wonder if anyone at Jeep thinks.
Old 12-20-2008, 05:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by chuck45
I recall reading on another thread about the kit the ORE makes that raises the bottom of the shock about two inches. The same questions came up and Mel said he had never seen any shock bottom out on the upstroke after the modification.

This mod is so obvious, and there is so much useless metal hanging down it makes you wonder if anyone at Jeep thinks.

I was going to buy the kit... then decided that we can cut/weld... so why pay for it. Kinda pricey at $140.00. And my way I was able to cut what I wanted... and move the shock where I wanted for my application.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RuBob
doesn't mean you can just blindly do the mod without checking if you will bottom out the shock. you either have to have that additional distance in up-travel to allow for it or you need to add more bumpstop.
I agree; onthe other hand ORE has alot of expereince and when he went into detail that he had never seen a shock come close to bottoming out I believe him. He's seen a lot a plays with these things a lot more than I do. But I have looked under my vehcile when at full stuff on one side and full droop on the other and I could move my lower mount up 2" with no problems.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TexsDream77
I was going to buy the kit... then decided that we can cut/weld... so why pay for it. Kinda pricey at $140.00. And my way I was able to cut what I wanted... and move the shock where I wanted for my application.
I agree. I've got a torch and MIG welder in the garage and can fab up whatever I need. As to the 140 I think thats for those who don't weld or are afraid to weld on their vehicle and want a bolt on setup.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did the same thing, but I am using a 2 inch budget boost without the shock extender. Works great for me.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Just a bump for the new guys who have been asking me about this.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for bringing this thread back, I'm about to do this mod.

Quick Reply: Modified Rear lower control arm mounts cutoff/skids