Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Moby Dick vs. Lil' Nemo

Old 07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Moby looks great with 40s, but I liked the look of it when it was sitting on 37s more than the 40s. I don't know, I think it's too much with 40s. I won't argue the superior performance aspect of larger tires in rock crawling and general off-road situations, but I think the Jeep looks a little disproportional with 40s. I guess I have to see it in person to appreciate the size and aggressiveness of the beast. Nemo looks absolutely wonderful and should no longer be embarrassed to be next to Moby. Nemo can hold his own now!

Great builds!
Old 07-02-2009, 05:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lil Nemo lookin good, and Moby looking ridiculously good in my book! That mutha has ground clearence, LCG, and superior articulation, what's not to like?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what a beautiful to have the top on
lol just kidding, i would have to agree on the opinion about the 40's being too large. however it would boost your off road performance alot. Nemo looks awesome. great job
Old 07-02-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man that first pic the front tire on passenger side looks SO much bigger then the drivers side, I guess its just the angle but
Old 07-02-2009, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

Those are some mighty fine looking rigs.....
Old 07-02-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tkob1060
man that first pic the front tire on passenger side looks SO much bigger then the drivers side, I guess its just the angle but
Call me crazy but...I'm pretty sure those are two different size tires??? That front passenger tire is HUGE compared to the driver side tire. WOL must be messing with us...
Old 07-02-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

looks great wish i would have waited to get the orange instead of a black one.

VIDEO TIME!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Crazy how much difference there is. I would be really curious to see you wheel these Jeeps together and see how much difference there is in true off-road performance (once Nemo is re-geared and locked). Hell, would be curious even before the lockers go in.
we're definitely gonna have to do that - a side by side comparison on the trail would be way cool to document.

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Moby looks great with 40s, but I liked the look of it when it was sitting on 37s more than the 40s. I don't know, I think it's too much with 40s. I won't argue the superior performance aspect of larger tires in rock crawling and general off-road situations, but I think the Jeep looks a little disproportional with 40s. I guess I have to see it in person to appreciate the size and aggressiveness of the beast. Nemo looks absolutely wonderful and should no longer be embarrassed to be next to Moby. Nemo can hold his own now!

Great builds!
the jk really looks at it's best with 35's to 37's as it looks as if that's what it was made for. i personally like the look with 40's but i do realize that this ain't for everyone. as for nemo, we really are happy with how she's looking now and eager to test her out on the rocks

Originally Posted by tkob1060
LOL!! now that you mention it

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
where's the nack?
trust me, i'm dying to get it on but it will most likely be on the white jk.

Last edited by wayoflife; 07-06-2009 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Can't wait to see the build up!

Quick Reply: Moby Dick vs. Lil' Nemo