Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Moby Dick Getting Ready for Show Season

Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jtjk
that Toyo warehouse is incredible. most would think it strange how excited us jeepers get over a room full of tires.

is there a reason why you continue to run 40's and dont go bigger? say to 42's?
on a jk and for the kind of wheeling we do, 40 is about as big as we prefer to go. 42's start to push the envelope of being too big and without significant benefits. most aren't even available in a 20" wheel size and that's what we prefer to run.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
That looks so plain without the star. I can't decide if I like it or not. So how are you going to mount your license plate without the star in the ring?
Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DrtyJeepr

That looks so plain without the star. I can't decide if I like it or not. So how are you going to mount your license plate without the star in the ring?
I think it looks dam clean ! I would prefer that look over the star especially for shows. To bad it won't stay that way for long :/
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
we love the look of the spyder locks and just wanted to try something different this time around. the stars are way cool especially on a black wheel but, we always beat them to all hell. i can't say for sure but, once they caved in enough, it seemed to us like the balance of our wheels got effected too.
How often do you find you have to rebalance your tires from getting chunked out? Or is it relatively insignificant until alot gets lost?
Love the look of your JK, I have an incredible amount of respect for what you have done with your JK and this website as well as a lot of respect for someone that not only uses his JK and walks his talk but takes care of it as well.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know envy is a sin, but damn am I jealous! Moby looks really great!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:28 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by DrtyJeepr
LOL!! while we loved the star, we're actually really digging the clean look you have without it especially on an 20" wheel

Originally Posted by REDLINE217
I think it looks dam clean ! I would prefer that look over the star especially for shows. To bad it won't stay that way for long :/
us too, we really like but no, it probably won't last any longer than the first week of november. after sema, it's time to play again
Old 10-05-2011, 06:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
How often do you find you have to rebalance your tires from getting chunked out? Or is it relatively insignificant until alot gets lost?
Love the look of your JK, I have an incredible amount of respect for what you have done with your JK and this website as well as a lot of respect for someone that not only uses his JK and walks his talk but takes care of it as well.
thank you, i really do appreciate the kind words. regarding the tires, we've never balanced our tires. toyo's are just so amazingly round that we've always been able to mount them on a bead lock wheel and go. as far as the chunking goes, i don't think it's significant enough to make a difference but, the stars getting bent in did seem to have an effect.

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
I know envy is a sin, but damn am I jealous! Moby looks really great!
thank you, moby is getting up there in age but we try to keep him working like a young jeep
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Here are a few shots we took of Moby over at Off Road Evolution today. First up is the new passenger side rear fender I chopped and installed this morning - body work complete at last...

Waiting on the rear axle to come in, we set up the new wheels and tires to get a glimps of what they'll look like installed...

Woo Hoo!! Our Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 now converted into a full float axle just came in...

Complete with new J8 rear brakes and rotors...

With the Off Road Expo just around the corner, getting everything done on time is gonna be tight but, it looks like it will get done.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

I must say the white on black wheels look awesome!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wheels look awesome. You should have a little forum contest where we can win some of moby's retired parts. I know Id love to have a bashed up spiderlock ring as a piece of JK memorabilia.

Quick Reply: Moby Dick Getting Ready for Show Season