Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Moby Dick Getting Ready for Show Season

Old 10-02-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheels

Are you going to powder coat the wheels to?
Old 10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
I like how you actually take the time to fix everything that needs fixed. Makes me happy to see other people that although wheel their Jeep, they don't beat it senseless. It just shows that your Jeep is Used but not ABused.

Looks great.

Also glad to hear your getting new meats for those ATX rings. looking at the previous pics, your Toyo's are chunked really bad and beat up, granted they've taken you everywhere.

LOL!! thanks. we are definitely into using our jeeps really hard and pushing them to the limit but, NOT into senselessly abusing them. for us, a lot of the fun is trying NOT damaging or break them. certainly, that takes a lot more effort and skill.

regarding our tires, i think in total, we got about 46,000 miles on them now and, while they are low on tread and really torn up, they still served us well all summer long and, if i had to, i would push them another 20,000 miles
Old 10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by rubicon23
Are you going to powder coat the wheels to?
actually, we're having the rings painted white to match our jeep - the wheels are already powder coated black. of course, they won't last longer than the first trail we run
Old 10-02-2011, 08:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
for us, a lot of the fun is trying NOT damaging or break them. certainly, that takes a lot more effort and skill.
Finally somebody that understands the way i wheel
Old 10-02-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
On Monday, we're hoping to pick Moby up from the body shop and take him to Off Road Evolution where we will be making the long overdue upgrade to a full float Dynatrac ProRock 60
This must be the conversion kit you told me about. How about some Nittos this go around?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by rcdude3
This must be the conversion kit you told me about. How about some Nittos this go around?
oh man, i would love to but already picked up a set of toyo's again. we hope to run nitto trail grapplers on our other jk though and, now that i know the mud grapplers are available in a 40x15.50/20, there may be plans for set for moby in the future
Old 10-03-2011, 04:10 PM
JK Newbie

What does an average season cost you in repairs? I would think that, even though you wheel Moby as hard as you do, the mods and experience behind the wheel would really minimize the trail damage. The avoidable stuff at least. All metal breaks eventually.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by jaydoc1
What does an average season cost you in repairs? I would think that, even though you wheel Moby as hard as you do, the mods and experience behind the wheel would really minimize the trail damage. The avoidable stuff at least. All metal breaks eventually.
man, i don't know. we've been making upgrades along the way so, every year it's a bit different. body damage is the only wild card and this has only been the 2nd time we've beaten moby good enough to warrant repairs.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Well, we finally got Moby back from the body shop along with our new ATX Slab rings painted to match. A big thanks needs to go to Alan over at Morrey's Collision for doing such great work and for getting this done in time

Here's a shot of the body work - good as new...

Here's our new color matched bead lock rings...

And finally, dropping Moby off over at Off Road Evolution to get the axle work done....

Old 10-03-2011, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome....!

Quick Reply: Moby Dick Getting Ready for Show Season