Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

moab new products?

Old 04-13-2009, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moab new products?

did i miss the thread of all the new and bad ass stuff released at Moab? or was their none this year? Last year we were flooded with pics of the J8 and such all week but nothing yet this year. ( that is...unless i missed it)
Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

The coolest thing I saw was the AEV rear bumper that integrates the spare into the tailgate just like the Expedition One rear bumper. This was installed on most of the JKs at the Jeep display. They used some plastic to keep weight down, which is good. Looks like they could have kept things a little tighter on the corners to keep clearance at a maximum, but overall, it looks great and will perform its purpose. Did not see a price, but I expect it to go for a premium, probably priced to be competitive with Expedition One.

Jeep had a jeep called "Lower 40s" (or something similar). It was a demonstration of installing 40 inch tires on stock suspension; NO lift. Obviously there was a lot of cutting and the fender flares were moved way up. The Jeep looked sweat. It also happen to be the first jeep I have seen with a hemi and a 6spd manual transmission. I loved it.

Since you mentioned the J8, I was told that AEV will be buying 125 J8s in a box from chrysler without motors and transmissions so they are not considered a manfacturer. They will assembly the units and then one of their dealers will install motors and trans. The rumer is they will be trying to deliver turn key J8s for around $50k. Sound like a deal if this pricing is correct.

OutLaw Offroad had some really nice bolt on products that allow for coilover shocks and bump stops. They also had a picture of lever-system, much like (if not the same) the EVO system. I have a feeling there is a relationship there (good or bad?).

King shocks made their first appearance in Moab with direct bolt on 2.5" smooth body shocks. Expensive, but I bet they work great for those of us that like to go fast.

Huckinson Wheels were there with their official Jeep beadlock wheels and their model (which I prefer). Both are DOT approved. Great design and real tough wheels. I question whether we need that kind of overkill at 55lbs each (without the tire). 35 inch MTR's or Km2s are roughly 64-68lbs each (on the lighter side for good offroad tires); so this combination would be 120lbs each. A little much for my mini-van motor in my opinion.

I demoed a set of the new Goodyear MTRs with Kevlar. Great looking tire; performed great. The tires are now 3 ply and lighter than the former model. I have been BFG man for years, but I think this is the tire I will be buying. FYI, I had 35x1250x17... had to do some minor trimming on the front bumper with my current set up.

I was looking for a nice long-arm kit but did not see anything of interest except the teraflex kit. Probably the best long-arm out their right now. The only thing I do not like is the shorter upper arms. I am not sure of the reasoning behind this. It appears at full droop the pinion would be pointing downward.

Let us know what you saw.

Last edited by wayoflifette; 04-13-2009 at 09:48 PM. Reason: edited - blacklisted
Old 04-13-2009, 11:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any pictures of those King shocks? Are they pre-valved for the JK? Any info would be great, I'm gonna go try and find more.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cyruspura
Any pictures of those King shocks? Are they pre-valved for the JK? Any info would be great, I'm gonna go try and find more.
I was told they were set up to go with stock springs with a 2inch spacer. But they also will make the application for different lift hieghts from what I understand. Based on what I have read, it appears they make most of their shocks for specific customers, so I bet if you have a set spring rate you could get them to valved them accordingly. I do not have any pictures except a one page flyer I picked up.

The shocks have the remote reservoir and mount with the shaft attached to the axle. They had them mounted on a black JK with spacers running 33s. I had arranged for a ride Friday afternoon but I did not make it off the trail in time.

My only concern is rubbing the body of the shock on the frame at full articulation. I wonder how they addressed this. I plan on calling them today or tomorrow to find out.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Rock Krawler had their new long arm kits on display on a 4 door and 2 door. We are the only company with full length uppers both front and rear. Also, our arms all have a high clearance feature which no other company offers. Our products performed extremely well in Moab.

Rock Krawler Suspension
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Rock Krawler had their new long arm kits on display on a 4 door and 2 door. We are the only company with full length uppers both front and rear. Also, our arms all have a high clearance feature which no other company offers. Our products performed extremely well in Moab.

Rock Krawler Suspension
Where were you set up? I must have missed you. This was one of the kits I wanted to see. I have friedns with the Rock Krawler on thier TJs and they speak highly.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

We were right next to Currie Enterprises. Our products did really well out there. Ask around. We impressed alot of people with how our products really worked out there. If you have any specific questions, let us know.

Rock Krawler
Old 04-14-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepnboy
Jeep had a jeep called "Lower 40s" (or something similar). It was a demonstration of installing 40 inch tires on stock suspension; NO lift. Obviously there was a lot of cutting and the fender flares were moved way up. The Jeep looked sweat. It also happen to be the first jeep I have seen with a hemi and a 6spd manual transmission. I loved it.
This thing was pretty cool looking. Here are a couple of pics.

Last edited by racerx; 04-14-2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Default AEV rear bumper

Any pics of the AEV rear bumper?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:56 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kidjeep
Any pics of the AEV rear bumper?
i posted some pics of it here:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/moab-easter-jeep-safari-2009-vendor-show-highlights-81757/

Quick Reply: moab new products?