Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mirrors,looked like a good idea

Old 09-13-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors,looked like a good idea

Just got these mirrors that fit into the door hinge,there only secured by the black screw knob and about an inch goes into the hinge opening but does not use or fit the bottom hinge bolt,and they shake and viberate real bad.im afraid the vibration will shake it loose and will be on the road one of these times,with shipping were $140 for 2,i dont care for them ,plus the part that goes over the hinge after tightening it down leaves a gouge in the paint and metal,they dont look bad though

By azrattler, shot with C100,D370 at 2008-09-13

Old 09-13-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$140 Holy crap I paid $16 for a mirror from pep boys that screws into the window frame. But no they dont look bad.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by screws
$140 Holy crap I paid $16 for a mirror from pep boys that screws into the window frame. But no they dont look bad.
DITTO, except i dont really care for them IMO

but good lookin rig!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texmexjeeper
DITTO, except i dont really care for them IMO

but good lookin rig!!!
i dont like then either now that i have them,guess i will use them until they get stolen or fall off, better then nothing for now...
Old 09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rattler
Just got these mirrors that fit into the door hinge,there only secured by the black screw knob and about an inch goes into the hinge opening but does not use or fit the bottom hinge bolt,and they shake and viberate real bad.im afraid the vibration will shake it loose and will be on the road one of these times,with shipping were $140 for 2,i dont care for them ,plus the part that goes over the hinge after tightening it down leaves a gouge in the paint and metal,they dont look bad though
Yep, I got them and installed the driver's side mirror just to see how they work.

Terrible! They vibrate so bad they are just about useless!

So they are sitting on the shelf!

Maybe one of our pre-JK owners would like them as I remember my '81 Scrambler's mirrors vibrated so bad at speed they were almost useless!
Old 09-14-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SONIC
Why not send the POS's back?
Now that I look, that's not the ones sitting on the shelf!
What's sitting on the shelf are some other relocation brackets that vibrated just as bad.
I'll eventually find someone that will want them!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

sending them back tomorrow,one fell out on the road this morning,DO NOT BUY THIS OVER PRICED CRAP

By azrattler, shot with C100,D370 at 2008-09-15
Old 09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
JK Freak

Make your own. Here is what I use, made them myself for less than $10. The flat stock is 1/4 by 1 and the stud is a standard hex head cap screw tacked in place. They work great and don't vibrate hardly at all. Bought the mirror head at NAPA, its a truck mirror replacement, cost like $7 or $8.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 4wd.com

you should sell those,i couldnt find anything that fit and bolted into the hinge like that,simplest setup and idea and they come out with these billet pieces trying to be all fancy and they fall out,vibrate,scratch up the paint. and then over charge for the junk,i just got back from shipping them back,i got them from 4wd.com and i tried calling 3 times to get a return goods number like it says in there return policy,well after being on hold for 30 minutes,20 minutes and 25 minutes listening to there recording i just sent them back anyway.if they decide not to credit me back wells fargo will get it back for sure . $140 for crap,when the passenger side fell out the guy behind me tried running me off the dam road when he passed me,pisses me off to buy something and it fails three days later

Quick Reply: Mirrors,looked like a good idea